ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo to Clio

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Ive been offered about 5/6 Evos (5/6s/9s) in px for my Clio, Im not interested to be honest because I had an evo 5 before this car and dont fancy going back to the running costs!

Just thought that was a bit strange, anyone else come from an Evo to a Clio?

RenaultSport 172
I came from an Impreza. Petrol costs is the reason I changed. I get roughly double the value with the clio.
I find the clio great fun to drive and its certainly not slow. My impreza was 279bhp so was easily quicker but apart form the noise I don't really miss it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I went from a 172 to an Evo then back to a 172.

Mainly because I was offered good money for the Evo and it was on coilovers so was a pig to drive day to day.

I think the clio is better to drive on a daily basis.

Evo was silly quick tho!! Used to go off the 150mph speedo!!

Qashcow
ive come from a skyline gtr to clio, running costs cut into thirds, insurance nearly quartered and tax is less. AND, i get to drive the clio as its not always on the back of a recovery truck:)

never get asked to swap for anything like an evo though, only metros lol

I know they hate me, I made them take my car from glasgow to cambridge :D[/quote]

I wondered about that from the long thread concerning your breakdown woes. Did you just tell the AA that the motor broke down on the way back from Cambridge?
You certainly got moneys worth from subscription fee.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
I wondered about that from the long thread concerning your breakdown woes. Did you just tell the AA that the motor broke down on the way back from Cambridge?
You certainly got moneys worth from subscription fee.

Hmm, it sort of broke down on my way to cambridge :D .. was a small problem in the end but needed to go all the way there to be diagnosed!

My subscription price has doubled this year.. oops.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
collected a mates new car today....WR1....agree its fooking quick, but feels wooden to drive.
The clio lets the driver get far more involved......Would not swap mine for anything for the min....especially till I have enough for an EXIGE

I came from a Sue Collins tuned Cossie, have'nt got a Clio yet but that woman/man's got the biggest hands I've ever seen .lol

Exige S1 + Honda S1
collected a mates new car today....WR1....agree its fooking quick, but feels wooden to drive.
The clio lets the driver get far more involved......Would not swap mine for anything for the min....especially till I have enough for an EXIGE

exactly what im selling to buy :)

black ph2 172
i came from a 275bhp scooby to a 172 and 172 is much better, more fun cheaper on fuel and insurance i was fed upo with the 200 miles for 60 quid of fuel 280 for 40 much better.:)

Clio 172 mk2
I came from an Impreza. Petrol costs is the reason I changed. I get roughly double the value with the clio.
I find the clio great fun to drive and its certainly not slow. My impreza was 279bhp so was easily quicker but apart form the noise I don't really miss it.

Same, came from 270bhp Impreza and don't really miss it at all.

TBH I got sick and tired of the cost of fuel for the thing, dread to think how expensive they are to run now with the price of fuel

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
I came from a WRX (260) to the Williams....saw the clio as an upgrade TBH. I wouldnt say its wierd to go from evo to clio at all mate.

Clio 182 FF RB
I dont think your strange at all. Many people probably get a evo/scooby or whatever knowing it will be expensive to run but thinking they can handle it but then getting so pissed off/fed up that they dont have any money to spend on other things that they end up craving for a cheaper car.

i went from an evo 6 gsr to a clio 182, miss the evo in terms of speed/stableness as its a bigger car and 4wd but when i think about it in reality i dont think id go back to an evo just yet as the running costs are far better on my clio as to be expected.....and I used to find myself worrying about every little thing on the evo, it stressed me out quite a lot! I was also constantly watching the petrol guage go down before my eyes. the clio is fun filled to drive and I dont worry about anything breaking at the moment as it's still under warrenty till may :)

Qashcow
christ, how many of us have gone from quick jap cars to nippy french cars? is surprising me slighty

172 Ph1
Wow when i first saw this thread i thought it was a typo but seems a few of you have made the step down or step up! Im looking to go the other way, but can imagine they must cost a bit to run! Hmmmm

Clio 182 FF RB
I serviced mine every 4.5k miles but even then it all adds up.... and actually bought a whole new rear diff coz mine was squeeling so never needed to get the ayc fluid replaced for that.....and all for what? Some old lady pulling out right in front of me and crashing in to the side of her little toad of a smart car and my evo being written off lol. We should all put pics of our old evo's/scoobies up on this thread, or has that already been done?

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Nope, lets make it happen :D

heres mine>

Image176.jpg

Clio 182 FF RB
YAY :rasp: :D here's mine
14evo.jpg

and here she is just after her last wash & wax looking lurvley and shiney and sexy as f*ck!
evobaby-1.jpg

182 Trophy & Megabusa
/\/\/\/\

white with white wheels......lovely!

My bro has had 2 evo's since his new 172 Cup and still maintains that once you get over the sheer speed of the evo in a straight line, the clio was a much much better drive....and he does miss it from time to time!

Clio 172 mk2
I dont think your strange at all. Many people probably get a evo/scooby or whatever knowing it will be expensive to run but thinking they can handle it but then getting so pissed off/fed up that they dont have any money to spend on other things that they end up craving for a cheaper car.

i went from an evo 6 gsr to a clio 182, miss the evo in terms of speed/stableness as its a bigger car and 4wd but when i think about it in reality i dont think id go back to an evo just yet as the running costs are far better on my clio as to be expected.....and I used to find myself worrying about every little thing on the evo, it stressed me out quite a lot! I was also constantly watching the petrol guage go down before my eyes. the clio is fun filled to drive and I dont worry about anything breaking at the moment as it's still under warrenty till may :)

That's exactly how I felt...when you start watching the petrol gauge and misering over running costs it's time to move on. I found the Jap turbo experience fantastic to start off with but it didn't last.

Could just be an age thing though.

Nice pics by the way

Clio 182 FF RB
thanks :) yep was my pride and joy!! Loved every bit of that car, not just the immense speed in a strait line but also the speed you can fling them in to corners and they will stick like s**t on a shovel! But like you say Neil G the excitement wares off a bit after owning it for a while and realising you are constantly broke lol i would never ever regret buying it though, had the most amount of fun ever!

Clio 172 mk2
Hah, I don't regret it either, just one of those boxes that needed to be ticked!

I was flippin' paranoid about where I left the car etc all the time it became silly & stressful lol

Exige S1 + Honda S1
its like you have read my thoughts... lol

exactly the same reasons I loved and then sold mine

Clio 182 FF RB
yep meee three, paranoid everytime i left it somewhere AND (an this is probably quite extreme and sad) I even contenplated getting one of those little cameras installed pointing at my car on the drive coz I left it there during the day as i got the bus to work (couldn't be arsed warming it up in the mornings or with the petrol costs) and didn't want some scally coming along and even touching it while no one was at home lol!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I went from a 182 to a P1 and then WR1. The missus has a 172 so I get to drive that around daily. I wouldnt buy one back myself. If I was to get another Clio it would be a Williams again.

Actually, maybe a 182. But not gonna happen as I dont find the running costs too bad on the Scoobs.

She had a VX220 then a Racing Blue 182 then a 106 GTi then an Evo VI then another 106 GTi and now the 172. She loved that RB 182. Actually she loved them all. Women.

This was her Evo :

DSC00990.jpg

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=144983