ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo 7 Recaro seats with Recaro to Clio subframe problem - anyone have experience?

Clio 172
Hi Guys, Well I finally ordered some Recaro subframes from capitol seating and purchased some Evo 7 recaro's at a descent price. I knew there would be a chance the mounting pattern would be a bit different then the non OEM recaro's but anyways.

I try bolting the rail up and sure enough the holes are out by about 10mm front to back, thats fine i can just elongate the hole a bit.

I then bolt both sides on with one bolt and I measure the new mounting holes for where the clio sliders will bolt to the recaro subframe and I am shocked to see that its out side to side as well :( The clio sliders have a 510mm bolt distance side to side where as the recaro frame is sitting at 525mm. No I was sure that the side to side bolt distance on all modern recaros was the same at 406mm so I am unsure why there is such a gap.

I havent pulled my seats out yet these are all just pre-measurements before i take the plunge.

Basically if anybody has installed evo seats (or any recaro's) using the aftermarket recaro subframes from capitol or deamon tweeks maybe you can confirm if any modification was required? and are my measurements correct?

The Diagram below shoes the non oem bolt spacing and also the Evo recaro bolt spacing

Cheers for any help

evoseat.jpg

Yeah sorry to bring an old thread to life, but yes I have sent you a pm but if anyone else could share some light?!