ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Bumder With A Buffer
WTF dude.

I have some painting at my house you can do to overcome boredom. You can watch it dry too.

I am also playing this, I don't know why but it's rediculously addictive.

I was too shameful to start the topic here. I've ploughed in way too many hours since friday.

To those people who think it would be absolutely s**t (as I did) - give the demo a go and see how you go, I worryingly couldnt put it down after I tried it.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I have the original, is this much better?

Yup. It's nice and relaxing to play a game for once and not get stressed about it. Throw some music on the ingame mp3 player thing and cruise Europe picking up ammunition and logs.

I have 2 trucks and an additional driver now, he is a lazy f**k.

renault clio 172
I would love to play this, as I've heard a lot about it. But as I spend most of waking hours driving a artic at work I don't think I could face doing it on my time off.

^^ Same here, well I do night trunking.

However I have had a go on my brothers, i think it was the original one though. seems quite realistic in certain aspects. The lack of speed limiter was quite nice, as you could make some decent progress. Reversing, they seem to have the trailer characteristics quite well matched. However, my experience of tramping says its not realisic as the company phone wasnt ringing every 10 minutes asking where you are.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^ Same here, well I do night trunking.

However I have had a go on my brothers, i think it was the original one though. seems quite realistic in certain aspects. The lack of speed limiter was quite nice, as you could make some decent progress. Reversing, they seem to have the trailer characteristics quite well matched. However, my experience of tramping says its not realisic as the company phone wasnt ringing every 10 minutes asking where you are.

PMSL. Maybe there will be a future mod or DLC to allow for that feature? ;)

D.

There's dozens of mods already, I wouldn't be surprised if you could do that :p

I've got 3 drivers so far, slowly getting further up and the other drivers are slowly levelling up and getting me more & more return each time!

EKSHh.jpg

Here's a pic of my truck - I run a Volvo with a few mods (real logos etc), and created my own mod to remove the "Globetrotter" sign on the extended cabin - it now actually has a "LOLVO" logo and pedobear on it, but I don't have a screenshot of that at current!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I have 2 Scania R360's and quite a few mods running. Realistic physics, real company names (though it does go a bit crazy when you find yourself delivering ammunition to Spar), real petrol stations and a few others. Haven't touched the Merc or Lolvo mods yet, might do soon. The DAF's are going to be real soon (rather than DAV's) too, so I'm hoping Merc and Lolvo licenses get picked up.

I see you're also running the real tyre names too. Makes trucks look like racing cars.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Personally couldn't think of anything more boring, but out of curiosity, how accurate are the roads?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Personally couldn't think of anything more boring, but out of curiosity, how accurate are the roads?

Not at all. Names are near enough right, rough locations in Europe. I like driving onto ferries. I also discovered that you drive off ferries slowly, as the truck bottoms out on the ramp and causes damage :eek:

Minecraft looks f**king terrible! It's like playing with Duplo, or Knex.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
...but is popular enough to net the sole creator $58m. Yeah, must be crap.

Any game where you're doing someone else's job for free, is a bad game.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I may have also accidentally purchased this and played it quite a lot.

There is a mod that removes the limiter, I ploughed into an oncoming truck whilst I was doing 93mph. That didn't end well.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love it if you could hurl abuse at the Micra/Picanto/Micra/Micra/Pug 107/Micra driver, that joins the motorway in front of you, doing exactly 48mph.

Then you get a G-O-D-L-I-K-E ABUSE achievement, if you manage to continue the torrent of obscenities for over 60secs.

This game has potential.....

D.

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
I played the first one religiously for ages. When I got bored of that I moved ontothe Bus Simulator then Tow Truck Simulator and Fork Lift Truck Simulator.

I really shouldn't get this one.

I'd love it if you could hurl abuse at the Micra/Picanto/Micra/Micra/Pug 107/Micra driver, that joins the motorway in front of you, doing exactly 48mph.

Then you get a G-O-D-L-I-K-E ABUSE achievement, if you manage to continue the torrent of obscenities for over 60secs.

D.

You can actually influence other drivers by flashing/honking your horn etc!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

D.

I had someone in what looked like a BMW pull out on me whilst I was doing 50 odd on the motorway. No indicating. Hyper-realistic.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I had someone in what looked like a BMW pull out on me whilst I was doing 50 odd on the motorway. No indicating. Hyper-realistic.

Scarily so. This sounds epic!

That's what I do, though usually on single-carriageways I get pissed off - try to overtake then a car on the other side of the road comes out of nowhere and instantly gets flattened, and I'm left with a hefty repair bill :p

The demo will get downloaded tonight, methinks....

D.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ah heck - I'm going to have to download this now. And then create a mod that allows me to stick a t-boned clio across the front (but below eye-level so I can't see it). :D

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I got UK Truck simulator last year, was so addictive driving semi properly and trying to make overtakes on small roads. So much fun :D

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Cheapest thing there is for everyone else.

I'm saving up for an upgrade on my garage. Then a new truck for me and hire a driver, going to take bloody ages though! Especially when I keep driving into people that decide to slow down for no apparent reason.