ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro clio with 182 conversion project

A sexy one
A few pics from this week
Finally have all four wheels done
allfour.jpg

polishing 4th
polishing.jpg

haha
bottleso.jpg

and a controller
minimax.jpg

just need to make a few more ££££ then cosworth forged internals will be order'd

SG9 Forester STi
Awesome update. The Minimax is a good piece of kit and the 12lb bottles are awesome.

4.5 minutes per bottle so I only ever use one.

A sexy one
bought it yday will have it next week, engine out n in the week after :)
what 4.5mins of useage? with what what jets? im planning on using a 75hp jet till i get the engine forged and all that
Awesome update. The Minimax is a good piece of kit and the 12lb bottles are awesome.

4.5 minutes per bottle so I only ever use one.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
so a few weeks till i begin the conversion just looking for some resonable performance mods, for some reason iv got my mind set on getting a lightweight flywheel for some reason :S lol..plan to get the conversion done and then get a years MOT on it then smooth the boot floor and fit a complete 182 exhaust system, been looking for a replacement boot but may just cut and weld my current one..in 2 minds of painting the bay brown or white, with painted or polished inlets and the colour of the engine cover, got till the beginning of next month to decide where this is going

Are you still after a boot? Apologies if I'm too late or misreading this but I actually have a flushed boot which was plate welded both lock and number plate, it's been smoothed and sprayed and I'm looking to flog it.

Send me a PM if you're interested :)

IMG_1117.JPG

A sexy one
Are you still after a boot? Apologies if I'm too late or misreading this but I actually have a flushed boot which was plate welded both lock and number plate, it's been smoothed and sprayed and I'm looking to flog it.

Send me a PM if you're interested :)

The boot was done months ago lol

lol you dont waste any time... who thinks this is going to end up with a v8 or similar in it? youll get the engine and NOS hooked up then get bored and boost it :p

think il struggle with a v8, a Megane engine with twin turbos maybe lol

A sexy one
Had a problem with smoothing the rear bumper due to it havin the exhaust cut outs and flexing to much when sanding it, and i couldnt get the line perfect. so i started again on a 172 bumper ( il cut the 182 holes when its ready for painting ) had a few hours on it and it already looks 10x better than the other one, planning on spending all saturday day & night working on it, hopefully get the passenger side door welded up and the washer jets and the side repeaters before sat then have a day of smoothing, then the week after should be doing the engine conversion then if all goes well in april il spray the car again

A sexy one
got the passenger door started now, hardly any damage caused from welding it which is good
passengerdoor.jpg

rear bumper
rearpumper.jpg

also put studs in the wheel adapters and ordered some paint tinters to make some more paint for it! :D
the door should be easy to do so hopefully get it done within the week (hopefully) then can get one with the side repeaters & washer jets.
Engine conversion next weekend :D :D :D :D :D

A sexy one
fitted studs and thread locked them in for good measure as the adapters are made from ali and as im wanting the best of both worlds ( show and track ) thought it best to fit steel studs
056dd.jpg

got bored so i waxed the wheels again :D
057ap.jpg

A sexy one
doing engine conversion starting next weekend, hopefully get it painted this month, gonna spends weeks flatting and polishing it and waxin it before it goes outdoors and make it absolutly perfect on the outside, dont have a date in mind. but it WILL be finished for fcs

A sexy one
got the rear bumper finished, just need to cut the 182 holes and colourbuild primer it
img0578wn.jpg

had an idea earlier, im going to smooth the roof to the rear wings and have the whole car the same colour
might start engine conversion tmro

A sexy one
thought to go with the polished wheels id polish the inlet up
polishedinlet.jpg

will start the engine engine conversion tmro hopefully, if the redtop conversion in the background goes to plan

A sexy one
Engines out, just need to change belt dephaser clutch and some bits, needs new top engine mount and drivers side drive shaft
engineout2.jpg

engineout.jpg

A sexy one
you dont want to see it for a while, the 2 front tyres were bold so atm its on steelies on the back, got a 172 exhaust with the 182 bumper, standard suspension and a missing fog light. it looks like a shed atm but the other week it looked mint but was a shed under the bonnet, now its a shed on the outside and mint under the bonnet haha.
one word, WOW! need to come see this when im in Boston :)

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Wow, it's very impressive! Will have to keep my eyes peeled for this when it's done, always good to see projects like this locally.

A sexy one
changed the tyres got some proxies now with alot less stretch than what i had before now i have the F4R fitted
52195410151540377035263.jpg

new coilies will be here next month, my final door is ready for priming now so get that ready paint it and fit the wheels
52441510151540464745263.jpg

Need to do arch work on all archs so i can get the wheel fitment 100% perfect :)

A sexy one
A very smooth passenger side door
57502310151556750900263.jpg

Also fitted a solid exhaust mount today, could do with some new rear disks think im gonna get some drilled and grooved all round but dont really want to cover the white wheels in dust when I fit them :/

A sexy one
today has been eventful, slammed the car and pulled the archs out
57732010151570099395263.jpg

starting grinding away to fill the arch, and theres that much paint on it on i decided to start again...
57938610151576539025263.jpg