ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro clio with 182 conversion project

A sexy one
Re: The sexy mercedes pearl respray clio

Something like this colour
brown-2011-audi-a5.jpg

RS5-ipanema-brown-0-autogespot.jpg

White mx5 mk1!

Can't wait to see that colour on the car, should look pretty awesome :D

2007 MK3 Clio

That colour is class. You've smooted the front bumper & the door handles, would you not also smooth out the side moulds =S?

Wow this is one of the most in depth projects i've seen on here haha it looks on the verge of being ugly but i think its just right, not too keen on the smoothed out everything on it though and as rjm_93 said why didn't you smooth out the bump strips too? o_O

Anyway amazing thread mate and an amazing car :) hope all goes well with the future plans!

A sexy one

I was going to do the side strips but I think that would of been to much, at the min it's just subtle and some people probly won't notice the handles are smoothed when I'm drivin it which is the effect I'm after haha :p iv smoothed the side moulding badge part tho haha il be smoothing them into one whole part instead of havin bullits

2007 MK3 Clio

I was going to do the side strips but I think that would of been to much, at the min it's just subtle and some people probly won't notice the handles are smoothed when I'm drivin it which is the effect I'm after haha :p iv smoothed the side moulding badge part tho haha il be smoothing them into one whole part instead of havin bullits

Fully smoothed is class but this car is epic as it is and if that colour turns out well it'll look quality. Great work, keep the updates coming =)!

A sexy one

Still needs abit tweeking before i prime it, but ya'll get the idea :p
42451310151260854470263.jpg

A sexy one

The bodywork is slowly comig to an end and i need some thing else to keep me busy for a few months, just doing a bit of research on an engine conversion, not purely for power but any thing will be faster than what it already is, i just want a front mount intercooler instead of a grill and a flutter valve :) watch this space.

172cup

Looks stunning mate, still not seen it about. If you fancy it me and a couple others off here are heading down cadwell sunday morning.

Iceberg 172 Cup

i can appreciate the work but all i can think of when i see it is a 182 replica as most resprayed cars ares replicas.

A sexy one

been struggling with the door so today i said if i dont get it ready for painting today then im gonna give up with the whole smooth handles thing, so after more hours sanding and filling and priming i finally got it..
doorblack.jpg

Colour build primer, this is how the door will stay for a while till i get everything else sorted but its now ready for painting so i can move on to the next stage haha
doorwhiteprime.jpg

iv got the 9th-13th of april booked of work, and in that week the car will be undergoing some major work :D

A sexy one

so with the bodywork coming to an end. slowly. i got bored and next on the list for the clio is an engine conversion, iv gone for a mk2 172, so far got 182 complete inlets manifold, and genuine belt kits, water pump, clutch kit and clutch cable, hoping to put the engine in next month as atm im still looking to mess around with the engine, a 197 inlet conversion was top on the list but after doing many search's on here it would appear to be pointless. so im planning on putting the 182 in till i can source a decent megane 225 lump to have a mess around with...
025wom.jpg

016rto.jpg

A sexy one
so a few weeks till i begin the conversion just looking for some resonable performance mods, for some reason iv got my mind set on getting a lightweight flywheel for some reason :S lol..plan to get the conversion done and then get a years MOT on it then smooth the boot floor and fit a complete 182 exhaust system, been looking for a replacement boot but may just cut and weld my current one..in 2 minds of painting the bay brown or white, with painted or polished inlets and the colour of the engine cover, got till the beginning of next month to decide where this is going

A sexy one
so finally got all 4 wheels finished :D
42774810151403141725263.jpg

41678510151403143235263.jpg

41688310151403144825263.jpg

42158710151403146040263.jpg

42344710151403147345263.jpg

and got the inside of the door painted
42002010151403148810263.jpg

42105510151403150160263.jpg

Decided on white door shuts instead of brown!

To do list:
smooth passenger side door handle
smooth side repeaters
smooth washer jet
get the rear bumper done
roll the rear archs
get the wheels on
get the 2litre conversion done-paint engine bay
paint the brake calipers white
give car a full respray ( dont no whether to keep brown roof or do it white ? )
new coilovers
get bucket seats, roll cage new steering wheel and everything else that iv forgotten..

Oh and iv also got this
P1020007.gif

i want to get the car done and enjoy it but at the same time buy another engine and forge it from the bottom upwards