ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What is the ESP like on the Ph2 Clios? Is it quite invasive or does it work well. I'm more concerned about it on track days.

Also does the 172 cup suffer much without ABS?

320d
Just turn it off.

On my 182 I've found the ESP pretty much lets you do what you want in the dry, in the wet it will kick in, its a bit clumsy when it does I find.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Turning off the ESP via the dash button does not turn off your ABS.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive always found abs very good on the clio RS, yes it does come in a bit earlier than it could at times but with minimal issues, on a non RS it cuts braking force for a bit too long and can un settle the car, where on an RS its just a quick ease of braking force and back on

BMW 1 SERIES
is the esp always on as default and then you turn it off on the dash??? i thought it was the other way round?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
no that would be ESP, thats all the clio has, it limits wheelspin off the line too

Ah fair enough, I always thought wheelspin off the line is traction control cutting in to reduce power. ESP looks at steering input etc to apply brakes individually, which wouldnt be useful off the line.

Suppose in the Clio its a merged system.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no its ESP, it gives you a row for getting the car sideways.

i had it grab at a back brake when it lifted a rear wheel over the crest of a hill coming round a long sweeping right hander at about 140mph! (i blame my mate for wanting to stop for a piss brake 2 minutes previous and i forgot to switch it back off!!)

RB 182
You learn something new every day! No wonder my 182 feels so much nicer to drive hard on the passes in the Lakes with it turned off! Always thought it was just traction control.