ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Entry to FCS

Maz

LY 200
Like I said before its the idiots speeding through the car park past three lines of cars that I am talking about, they should have been dealt with and not just allowed to jump to the front of the line, no matter what show it is imho.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Yeah, I was directed to I think the 2nd or 3rd lane on the left so I wasnt skipping that bit, just doing as I was told! Although hands up to the u turn earlier on!!

so were we! we came in (nw lot) in the right hand lane and then the stewards told us all to move into the left lane, which meant us all getting seperated as we had to indicate and just hope someone would eventually let us in. they made it just one lane

Golf R
Yeah, I was directed to I think the 2nd or 3rd lane on the left so I wasnt skipping that bit, just doing as I was told! Although hands up to the u turn earlier on!!

so were we! we came in (nw lot) in the right hand lane and then the stewards told us all to move into the left lane, which meant us all getting seperated as we had to indicate and just hope someone would eventually let us in. they made it just one lane

you were the only one who got separated... as we let the other two in together.... but having been waiting for a damn sight longer than you 3 i'm sure you can appreciate why there was a reluctance to let you all in

57 Ibiza Formula Sport

you were the only one who got separated... as we let the other two in together.... but having been waiting for a damn sight longer than you 3 i'm sure you can appreciate why there was a reluctance to let you all in

no i wasnt?
i wasnt at the front of the queue, my boyfriend got placed a 2 cars infront, then it was me who got let in by a megane and then i dont know where christopher etc got let in.
i didnt question the reluctancy to let us in, at the end of the day we didn't see it as pushing in deliberately, we were TOLD to move into that lane.

Looking for a ph-quick...
Damn right we didnt push in, we were told to move over by the stuards. What else were we to do? wait then join th eback of the que?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The whole 'three lanes' ideas was bloody stupid. If they had just divided the cars into a left and right lane, 90% of the problem wouldn't have occurred in the first place.

D.

cock mobile.

no i wasnt?
i wasnt at the front of the queue, my boyfriend got placed a 2 cars infront, then it was me who got let in by a megane and then i dont know where christopher etc got let in.
i didnt question the reluctancy to let us in, at the end of the day we didn't see it as pushing in deliberately, we were TOLD to move into that lane.

Damn right we didnt push in, we were told to move over by the stuards. What else were we to do? wait then join th eback of the que?

Who told you to take the right lane in the first place and not stay in the left where everyone else clearly was?

cock mobile.
The whole 'three lanes' ideas was bloody stupid. If they had just divided the cars into a left and right lane, 90% of the problem wouldn't have occurred in the first place.

D.

Indeed, then there would have been no overtaking etc.

Bad marshalling I guess.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
no i wasnt?

Who told you to take the right lane in the first place and not stay in the left where everyone else clearly was?

when we entered both the queues were of equal length!

BMW E46 330i Touring
My issue was out on the road before a steward was even in sight. People coming from the opposite direction just doing U-turns in the road and filtering in no way near the back of the long queue.

clio 172
luckily i was with my step brother in his gti and we were one of the 1st ones in so we didnt have to cue and we were glad we got up an hours early lol

Maz

LY 200
^ I wish he had it on later on when I seen him, maybe then he wouldnt have slated my lines on track :p lol

Maz

LY 200
Good effort, dont think I will be bothering next year though would rather do a full day on track :)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
me too, getting 15 minutes for £40 isn't worth it.... even the full 30 minutes was touch n' go.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
when we entered both the queues were of equal length!

Hmm, can't say I believe that seeing as there was nothing to the right of me, then suddenly there was a good 20 clios.

oh, so you're accusing me of being a liar now?! lovely! don't think you should be taking it out on me considering all i did was follow the other clios infront of me and do what the stewars instructed but there you go!

Golf R
Hmm, can't say I believe that seeing as there was nothing to the right of me, then suddenly there was a good 20 clios.

oh, so you're accusing me of being a liar now?! lovely! don't think you should be taking it out on me considering all i did was follow the other clios infront of me and do what the stewars instructed but there you go!

we were sat in one long queue and the next minute there was a line of Pug's charging down the right hand lane, which was being used for trade entry only. closely following the Pug's was a line of Clio's in which there were 3 Racing Blue's - you, Christopher and Daz

what time did you enter Rockingham circuit?

57 Ibiza Formula Sport

we were sat in one long queue and the next minute there was a line of Pug's charging down the right hand lane, which was being used for trade entry only. closely following the Pug's was a line of Clio's in which there were 3 Racing Blue's - you, Christopher and Daz

what time did you enter Rockingham circuit?

i wasnt the first clio after the pugs though, this is my point!
secondly, both the left and right hand lanes were the same length when we all entered the gates, thirdly the stewards told us to move into the left hand lane, there was no sign stating the right hand lane was for trade only so how would we have known?!
we entered the gates at about 7:30-40ish i think

Da

Less
I'm sorry but this is all b****cks! We did no intentional que-jumping, do you really think we would que-jump fellow CS'ers?? All we did was follow the line of traffic infront of us into the right hand lane. There was no signs of any description that I was aware of telling us otherwise. Had it not been for the marshall like 20m from the entrance we would have been in the right hand lane all the way.

Anyone who thinks we intentionally que-jumped is talking out of their arse! :mad:

Maz

LY 200
Im talking about the people that drove right down the car park to the front and got right in, in front of everyone that was sat in the 3/2/1 lines of traffic patiently waiting.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
I'm sorry but this is all b****cks! We did no intentional que-jumping, do you really think we would que-jump fellow CS'ers?? All we did was follow the line of traffic infront of us into the right hand lane. There was no signs of any description that I was aware of telling us otherwise. Had it not been for the marshall like 20m from the entrance we would have been in the right hand lane all the way.

Anyone who thinks we intentionally que-jumped is talking out of their arse! :mad:

you tell em daz! :p
and im damn sure the moaners would have done the same had it been them arriving at that time!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
does coming in at the side entrance count as que jumping? saved me hours of frustration by the sounds of things. All these people that are upset about other clio's 'que jumping' cant tell me they've never taken a shortcut through traffic etc either, its b*llocks...

Da

Less
Im talking about the people that drove right down the car park to the front and got right in, in front of everyone that was sat in the 3/2/1 lines of traffic patiently waiting.

Yeah I know Marie, sorry, that post was in no way intended for you nor 90% of the posters in this thread.
I cannot agree more that the entry was a bit of a shambles and fully appreciate that people were pissed off when everybody started to indicate to move into the left hand lane. We had no intention, nor control over what happened, it was down to bad marshalling and bad organisation nothing more.

you tell em daz! :p
and im damn sure the moaners would have done the same had it been them arriving at that time!

Precisely Anni, we simply followed 20/30 cars into the gate and they all proceeded into the R/H lane.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
people just can't be bothered to listen to the story Daz that's the problem, they just jump to conclusions and as you said, why would we que jump fellow CS'ers?!

Maz

LY 200
Yeah I know Marie, sorry, that post was in no way intended for you nor 90% of the posters in this thread.
I cannot agree more that the entry was a bit of a shambles and fully appreciate that people were pissed off when everybody started to indicate to move into the left hand lane. We had no intention, nor control over what happened, it was down to bad marshalling and bad organisation nothing more.

Indeed Daz that was the only reason for this thread :eek:

cock mobile.

So you're accusing me of lieing instead?!

I know what I saw; we don't need to listen the the "story" we were there, and know exactly what happened.

And don't worry about the fact that I let you in and didn't even get a wave of thanks from you.

Perhaps it was not intentional queue jumping, but it was queue jumping all the same, obviously you realised you were not suppose to be in the right lane when you were told to move over, why can't you just say, ok yer I was in the wrong lane, didn't realise it, bad marshalling, sorry couldn't be helped?

Too difficult to admit I guess :nono:

Daz: I agree that if marshalling was put in place correctly to only allow one lane or be two lanes right from the start none of this would have occurred.