ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Entry to FCS

80MPG BEEZA
well i think i had the worst experience, arrived at 20 to 8 displayed my TRADE pass clearly its bright orange, mentioned to 2 people on the way in i was going for trade car was in megs 25, got directed all the way in next to the cs stand, a guy comes over and i say megs 25, you've came the wrong way.
No i havent ive been directed this way, ugh he says just pull over for now your getting in the way, i sat their for half an hour and the guy had dissapeared, i collared someone else and asked what the hell was going on, i was eventually re directed right round into more traffic, got into the road for trade still asking me for my tickets, bombed through the underground tunnel doing about 70mph :) to be placed on the megs stand then 15 mins later being told i was getting re positioned, i told them i'll move once then im leaving the car, then on leaving being told the cars were supposed to be their till 5 even though it was pouring it down, a couple of us managed to escape i eventually managed to knick off at 4:20, other then that hassle was a good day

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
We came in from the Asda end and did a quick U turn when we saw the queues and that was 9am! Went back the other way and Jet was a trek, must have been over a mile of queueing traffic in that case! Ah well, was still better than last year!

We didn't have any problems getting in :)

Arrived about 7.45 but came in a different entrance to the rest... took all of 5 mins form the entrance to the stand :)

Same as Rich... we followed sat nav so maybe that does direct you a different way??

Mustang, S13, AX GT
We didn't have any problems getting in :)

Arrived about 7.45 but came in a different entrance to the rest... took all of 5 mins form the entrance to the stand :)

Same as Rich... we followed sat nav so maybe that does direct you a different way??
I know, I didn't realise you were on a different stand which is why I drove at you ;)

A silver Honda
i also think the viewing of the track was poor, personally i didnt care about watching some monster trucks and would of likes to go down the main straight.
The monster trucks were lame!

the most interesting bit of the stunt show was when the biker tried a backflip and stacked it lol. Fairplay to the guy as 10 mins later he got back on the bike and did two flips in a row.

Anyway back on topic, it was a mission to get in if you arrived around 8am. Loads of people cutting in:nono:

cock mobile.
Queueing didn't annoy me as it can't be helped.

But all those ClioSport tw*ts that decided to cut the queue, yes you know who you are, are obviously extremely rude people.

tiTTy & SV650
got there at 8.30 in Alans car at some side entrance drove straight in, some nice guy in a pug flashed us in et voila entrance was a piece of piss.

Then we fecking walked down the length of the queue in a vain attempt to get to a cash machine lol

who spotted the trio?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Don't mind queuing for a bit but, as said, people cutting the queue by coming from the opposite direction is not pressing my 'impressed' buttons.

Didn't see many CS'ers doing it but annoying as hell all the same.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
hmm how do you mean queue jumping as they opened up another line of cars....is that classed as queue jumping? :D

Maz

LY 200
No as in driving past everyon in the queue via the car park then going right to the front thats what happened to us loads.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
ah alrite that queue, luckily i got there early so the queue wasnt too big but i could imagine that it would get annoying with people queue jumping

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good thread, Maz.

We cut into the right-lane after being sat still, going absolutely fecking nowhere in the middle lane. People just coming into view on the left-hand side, kept rolling forward and managed to get in and we had moved forward about ten bloody feet! :(

Apologies to anyone we got in front of - I think Mossy managed to get in front of Middo (he must have given him THE Look ;)) and two other Vees managed to get in.

The queue was bad enough - but I'm glad to see no CS'ers were amongst the total weapons I saw outside the ground. Overtaking on blind-bends, just to get several places in front? Fooking tools. :mad:

D.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Don't mind queuing for a bit but, as said, people cutting the queue by coming from the opposite direction is not pressing my 'impressed' buttons.

Didn't see many CS'ers doing it but annoying as hell all the same.

TBF I didnt realise the queue was all the way back to the Jet, thought it was just a few cars and tbf, it wouldnt make much difference, not to me ( I thought!) or you I guessed, oh well done now sorry if it annoyed anyone, not in the habit of it!

Chocolate Bar™
Good thread, Maz.

We cut into the right-lane after being sat still, going absolutely fecking nowhere in the middle lane. People just coming into view on the left-hand side, kept rolling forward and managed to get in and we had moved forward about ten bloody feet! :(

Apologies to anyone we got in front of - I think Mossy managed to get in front of Middo (he must have given him THE Look ;)) and two other Vees managed to get in.

The queue was bad enough - but I'm glad to see no CS'ers were amongst the total weapons I saw outside the ground. Overtaking on blind-bends, just to get several places in front? Fooking tools. :mad:

D.

i actually managed to let the 3 vee's out, whilst positioning myself careful enough to ensure not one of the peugeots got a sniff at coming out :approve:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
was a bit annoying sat it the middle lane for about 1.30min not making much progress while other cheeky feckers lane hopped or went round the public car park and got in straight away. ah well aparet from that was a good day

M

mini-valver

You just don't want the folk of Peterborough to recognise you Dave ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good thread, Maz.

D.

i actually managed to let the 3 vee's out, whilst positioning myself careful enough to ensure not one of the peugeots got a sniff at coming out :approve:

LOL! Me and Jain nearly had a barney in the car because she simply refused to let this bloke in a 205GTi pull in from the side. He wasn't going to let up either, but I said 'FFS - just let him in!'

I can let the 'principle of the thing' pass right over me for the sake a damaged fibre-glass frontage of Vee.... :rolleyes:

Cheers again for letting us in though, m8!

D.

182cup & 172 racecar
Took me an hour to get there,hour and a half to get in,shocking!!Me and the Bedmonsta also needed a weeee pronto,that last 100yds was a killer

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, I was directed to I think the 2nd or 3rd lane on the left so I wasnt skipping that bit, just doing as I was told! Although hands up to the u turn earlier on!!

So in reality were the organisers were trying to improve the flow into the site thus preventing a queue onto the surrounding roads?

Makes sense, although I didn't see anyone physically drive around me so can't grumble.

Makes sense, although I didn't see anyone physically drive around me so can't grumble.

i did lol.

as for the purpose of this thread...

i didnt see it as much of a problem tbh... yes it was an annoyance but with that amount of cars it was going to be busy.

We got there about 7.45 and there were 3 lanes of cars entering the show... all filtering down to the 1 gate at the bottom, with the midle lane letting in both of the side lanes.

all 3 lanes were moving at the same rate... so i dont see a problem. Yes there were the occasional idiots speeding through the carpark past the 3 lines of cars, but thats again to be expected considering the nature of the show.

it took us about 45 minutes to get from the roundabout, through the gate and onto the stand... which i was fully expecting after arriving at 7.45