ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine swap - clio to micra?

ST170
As the K12 Micra and Renault Clio now share engines (might just be the diesel lumps?), just wondered how easy it would be to transfer a Clio 172/182 or 197 lump in to a Micra? Would it fit?

Anyone know?

ValverInBits
are you totally insane.

Those cars are so ugly it's un real, leave the engine in the clio.

Remember. You can't polish a turd

ST170
My thoughts exactly. Would be a giggle! Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or more likely beer-holder in this case). I like the look of them anyways. Wouldn't have bought one otherwise and they come with a good amount of kit for the money. Would leave it standard looking aswell.

I'm sure it could be made to handle too.

Not that this thread is about the 'gayness/ugliness' of Micras. I'm more than used to the ribbing from my mates and quite happy with my choice of motor.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
If it does fit, whack a turbo on it :evil: be worth it for the giggles, just like the 1980's micra I've seen with an SR20 DET lump in it :rasp:

In answer to your question. Anything will fit in anything with the right amount of work (Within reason), custom mounts etc.

Cost, depends on wether you do the work yourself or not, ive seen and heard of companies chargin £7k for engine conversions on puntos, and thats not with the engine included either.

Oh, and pmsl at turd :)

RB 182 Cup
ktec fit a sport lump in a clio for like £2500 or something including the engine and laybour

ST170
I wouldn't bother if it wasn't relatively straight forward. It just seemed like a cool idea since I know that some of the Micras/Clios share engines, that a 182 swap might be possible with minimal amount of work. I would of course leave it to the professionals.

£2500 sounds more than reasonable.

I think its £2500 because i imagine its a straight swop for a non sport to have a sport engine(Obviously a little more involved but you know what i mean)

To fit into a micra they will need to measure and fabricate custom mounts etc.

Be more than £2500 IMO.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if your going down these streets,
sack the renault engine off, and but a hyabusa engine in the back
now THAT would be cool,

as for the renault engine,
2500 from ktec is the straight swop,
they props have all the custom mounts made up,
your talkin about designing and engineering your own custom mount and welding them to a safe place on the chassis,
soooo much work, and thats only if you dont have to relocate the steering column and firewall.

if you really want do something like this, toss the micra and get a mini,
would be alot more impressive, and alot more cool.

RB 182 Cup
a hayabusa engine would be crap, the cars to big for the little 1.3. Go for a sr20det, i got a mate with 1 in a starlet and thats a rocket ship

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
the 2008 hayabusa engine is a 1340cc with a claimed 194bhp,
stick a turbo on that, people have those engines up to 500bhp (supposedly)
the power to weight of that ina micra would be epic!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
  LY 182
brilliant idea electrics will be your biggest issue espsecially coming from a diesel but yeah the renault nissan alliance now means alot of parts are interchangable so doable...

i reckon it would be a good project i personally wouldnt do it but yeah crack on

ValverInBits
the 2008 hayabusa engine is a 1340cc with a claimed 194bhp,
stick a turbo on that, people have those engines up to 500bhp (supposedly)
the power to weight of that ina micra would be epic!

ever checked the torque they make?? bike engines in cars are not all that unless the car is really (and i mean really) light. would need to be stipped to fcuk

tbh this thread has got a lil out of hand now.....
He was wondering if a clio F4R would slot in on original mounting points and people are saying scrap that, buy a mini and remove half the chassis to get a bike engine in. FLOL:rolleyes: