ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine power

Clio 1.4 RT
hey all ;)
i need a bit of help I've got a Clio 1.4 petrol on a T (mk2 1999). When i start the car it starts then dies then i wait for a few secs then it starts up. And when I drive it for a bit on motorway I get to 60mph it feels like I've lifted me foot off the gas. And then I have to go into 4th get my reves up then it drives fine is the coil pack on its way or spark plugs??
thanks

any strange lights on the dash? If you had a coil-pack go - i don't know if the engine would get to 60mph, if it did, it would be SERIOUSLY unhappy about it. I had one go in my 1.4 and i could just about get it to 40.

you say it starts and then dies - Are you letting the immobiliser disarm? The keys can go a little iffy meaning when you turn the key, the immob light will flash very quickly, if you start the car it will fire, run then die. Your immob light must go out for the car to fire and run.

​Have you tried getting it on a code reader to see if there's any faults?

Mine felt like i was taking my foot off the accelerator and it turned out to be a fault pre-cat lambda sensor.

never had issues with starting it up though

Clio 1.4 RT
@jackdanielsmom I've just changed CAT will that have anything to do with it do you think?? And @Zeitgeist0190 thanks for that it worked it fired first time and stayed fired up lol and when I'm driving it theres no lights or anything thats what making me wonder that its coil pack:S?? and thanks for the top advice guys :approve:

Clio 1.4 RT
just an update lol i checked the spark plugs and 2 was finger tight lol i tightened them up and guess what it runs like a dream lol but its MOT time next week :( ​fingers crossed it passes lol