ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine keeps chugging @ cutting out when hot

GSXR + KDX220
For the past few weeks when up to temp (but not always) and idling at some traffic lights etc it drops quite low, sometimes so its only JUST hanging on and sometimes it'll just cut out.

It also does it worse when manouvering at low speed which I guess is the extra load the PAS system is causing.

There is also a bit of a misfire/hesitation when slowly accelerating from around 1500-2000 rpm, but again it doesnt always do it.

Other than this it drives and pulls fine and as normal.

No engine light on so far either :S

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had exactly the same hesitation issues when I had a blocked injector, but im not sure why that would cause it to stall?

GSXR + KDX220
Sorry, its a Ph2 172 ;)

The plugs and leads arent that old, and Im 99% sure the crank sensor was changed along with that small bit of loom a couple of years back when the engine was fitted. Its the blue one above the flywheel isnt it?

GSXR + KDX220
Just read on another thread about the PAS pressure switch and how it "demands" a few more revs when under heavy load. Could this be related as mine is broken completely as far as the electrical side is concerned. (but I'm going EPAS very soon) :)

This happened for the first time yesterday on mine. It's been stood in the garage for 10 days though so I just put it down to that.

I'll see if the same thing happens again today.

GSXR + KDX220
Not yet, still wondering if its something to do with the PAS switch. Mine will be going very soon for EPAS, so will be interesting to see whether this is the reason for mine. Will update when its done :)