ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cool down time

275 Trophy
Just been out to fit new sidelight blubs, 4 hours after I came home from work, and noticed the engine was still very hot. Too hot to lean on tbh.

Now I do enjoy my 18 mile commute home on some good A&B roads, so the engine gets 'used' if you will, but for it to still be this hot so long after being parked seems strange. I warm the car up and cool it down on each end of the journey, and the fan almost never comes on and the temp gauge never goes above half, unless in heavy slow traffic. I know it's also been warm out and it's a black car which probably doesn't help, but is this normal? 4 hours and still hot?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
sounds like its got a temperature, get it to the docs.

na thats fine, if its a pretty warm day and its sitting in the drive bonnet closed it keeps its temp for hours !

Bonnet lifters best mod going!! Roy did you get some proper ones or did you stick 10 washers under each side lol ;)