ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Endurance Challenge

R.I.P Clio
Hi Guys, I'm going for a challenge!

My current "non-stop" gaming record stands at 36 hours game play which was all completed playing on Battle Field Bad Company last year..

This years challenge will be simply to surpass 36 hours, but I am setting the challenge bar to 48 hours from 12 lunch time today - 12 Lunch time Wednesday to give me a solid target.

Basically I am informing and inviting peoples to join me by joining games with me to make sure im still awake lol!

My gamer tag is ... I Pigeon I ... please feel free to add me, and if you do try to send me a message referring to my challenge so I know you intend to help me :-D

I am not restricting myself to one game and I use the term Non Stop loosely, I will be needing to take the occasional toilet break and nip to the kitchen for a cheeky bite to eat, also loading times between switching games etc. As long as I do NOT fall asleep and I am gaming the high majority of the time I will see it as complete!

I will be stocking up on Relentless ready for my attempt! :-D

Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions to accompany my challenge guys and I hope some of you find time to aid me in my quest!! :)

Thanks for reading!

-Pigeon

R.I.P Clio
Yeh, I gather its pretty pointless but a little bit of self achievement doesn't hurt ..
It was suggested the other day to do it for charity but I wouldn't have had time to sort it all out and get sponsors etc with it being late notice, so ill do that next year!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Fair play, but why not do the 3 peaks twice or something ?

SG9 Forester STi
I did 8 on heavy rain and it gave me a corker of a headache lol. Good luck though!

R.I.P Clio
lol thanks guys :) 15 mins till I start, Got a pack of Pro Plus and Relentless at the ready!

I would set up a webcam Dafthead but ill be playing most of the challenge out in just my shorts so its not a very flattering sight for anyone tbh lol

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
keyboardcommando.jpg

Clio
flol, I smash tiger woods up if I get a bogey after 4 holes let alone 48 hours. I'd be on my 37th PS3 controller by then.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't pigeon start a fitness thread a while back?

57 Clio Campus Sport
HAHA awesome idea. Longest I've probably done is 12 hours, there is no way you will stay awake for 48 hours straight even on proplus. What games you going to be on? Would be up for some MW2/Forza 3 later if you're on.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I don't think sitting on a chair and moving your thumbs for 48hours with the odd toilet break is an achievement IMO.

R.I.P Clio
HAHA awesome idea. Longest I've probably done is 12 hours, there is no way you will stay awake for 48 hours straight even on proplus. What games you going to be on? Would be up for some MW2/Forza 3 later if you're on.
27 hours in easy .. Mainly playing MW2, Red Dead Redemption & Battlefield Bad Company 2. I bought Borderlands yesterday morning to give me something new to play but I finished that earlier this morning. I will be on MW2 most of this afternoon / evening probably, feel free to add me to XBL ... I Pigeon I

MCS R56
27 hours in easy .. Mainly playing MW2, Red Dead Redemption & Battlefield Bad Company 2. I bought Borderlands yesterday morning to give me something new to play but I finished that earlier this morning. I will be on MW2 most of this afternoon / evening probably, feel free to add me to XBL ... I Pigeon I

Less chat, more play.

You really challenge yourself in life!

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Hope your not on a xbox i doubt it would last 48 hours solid.......

Nothing like a stab at the opposition lolzz

That would be ironic 47.5 hours in and rrod

That said it may save your life (re the above bbc article) shall we take bets to see who will die first pigeon or his xbox? ;)

R.I.P Clio
lol , Touch wood I've been ok. I had a 20GB Xbox for a year and a half with no problems, and I've had my Elite for nearly 2 years now again with no problems. There must have been something else wrong with that Korean to die after 50 hours. I'm going to push it see if I can make 60 hours without falling asleep / dying.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Haha,so what are the rules do you have time limit in which to switch game and start playing again ?,surely food toilet breaks aren't allowed.:D

R.I.P Clio
I am not restricting myself to one game and I use the term Non Stop loosely, I will be needing to take the occasional toilet break and nip to the kitchen for a cheeky bite to eat, also loading times between switching games etc. As long as I do NOT fall asleep and I am gaming the high majority of the time I will see it as complete!

Thanks for reading!

-Pigeon
^