ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emmisions warning light and misfiring ?!

ClioSport 172
On the way to college the day my poor wee car started misfiring and the emmisions light came on....:(

Has any1 had the same problem?! I've had a wee search on other threads....haven't really found an answer yet tho.

Any help much appriciated.

Thanks

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I had the same issue, emissions light comes on because there is petrol in the cat (When I replaced my coilpack the light went off with no need for a reset) Also the engine will be very rough and rock about the engine bay alot. Sounds as above, coilpack issue :)

ClioSport 172
Cheers guys, got a new coilpack today and some new plugs. Hopefully that'll sort it out. Think its the same plugs since new...its an 03 plate with 76k on the clock, lol

I had the little engine light come on in the right hand side at the bottom next to the speedo, It hasn't come on since i topped up the engine coolant as it was very low but the engine is not running right still, shakes a lot when giving power and stood idle, the car drives but its not comfortable especially when changing gear and going round corners. RAC said its not the coils, will post a new thread but thought i would say something in here :p