ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions Lights 197 CUP

197 CUP
Hi Guys,

Just purchased a 197 cup from new, ive done about 50miles.

Ive not realy pushed the car but once I did take it to about 6000 rpm
for a short time, i know its best to keep em under 3000 for a while. But
99% of the time Ive driven it like an OAP.

But the Emissions Lights just come on, any ideas? Should I stop driving it?

Da

Less
No it'll be fine, it'll probably be off the next time you get in the car.

Just pop into Renault and get them to check it over?

197 CUP
Thanks mate, thought id killed it and its only been a few hours since I got it. I new I had to drive it slow, just though id give it a quick blast see how it went. Lovely car just heart breaking when a light light comes on. Any ideas if it dont go out? Ill speak to renault tomo, but what could the cause be?

Da

Less
It'll be a dirty sensor in the exhaust, usual case.
Mine came on three months ago for one day, never since and never before! :S Got Renault to check it out and all was fine, just one of those things!

197 CUP
Spoke to renault, they taking the car in on Friday. They adviced to drive the car slow and not to use if possible. Nice!!!!!!!!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Spoke to renault, they taking the car in on Friday. They adviced to drive the car slow and not to use if possible. Nice!!!!!!!!

They giving you a courtsy car?

Wouldn't stop me from driving it.

reving upto 6k wouldn't cause any problems as long as the engine was upto normal temp.

www.renparts.co.uk
id be kicking up a fuss about no courtesy car, demand one, especially if you bought the car from the dealership.

197 CUP
I can use a works van so not that bothered, just my head is thinking am I killing the car driving it with that light on?