ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions light On = Sh*t Petrol Used (Clio 182)

Shhh
Twice now, ive used this stand alone garage and when ive come out the next day to use the car, the exhaust emission light has been on. Researched the whole '3 cold starts to reset' it thing, and it eventually went away, really when i went to tesco and bought some fuel then a day or two later.

Just a reminder that if you do get this light, have a think back to where you picked your fuel from, and go from there.

This is the 2nd time now, and on both times ive used tesco and morrisons fuel after the light has come on to clear the fault. Must be mixed in and by the time its burnt through must make it all ok.

Last night, light went off again as expected.

Renaultsport Clio 197 R27
hey my emissions light was on for few days so i changed to BP Ultimate it all ok and hasn't come back on. i was gettin petrol from a jet garage

LY 182 FF CUPPED
thats quite interesting.

Ran my car decatted for 6 months and obviously the light came...and stayed on.

Placed the cat back on and a new lambda sensor was fitted as 1 of the old ones had been damaged.
All re-set and light has been off up until last week....3 days before my MOT!!!

Always try to use Vpower...however last weekend filled up in the local TOTAL garage.
Wondering now if it was the crap fuel from TOTAL as now the light has gone out and stayed out as I have a tank of V power back in.

Shhh
I found from the 2 times i used that garage to fill up, usually over the £30 mark, in a few days the light has come on.

Unsure why, or how, but it does.

Ph1 172
If you always use vpower, the ecu will advance the timing because it can due to the higher octane rating to give higher power/fuel economy. When you fill up with c**p stuff the advanced timing will cause knock which the knock sensor will pick up. The ecu will then learn to r****d the timing, but presumably will trigger the light.

Shhh
nope, its over 4 years old, and never had a problem with this, just the fuel from the independant garage has caused this twice.

shall keep away from this one, and go with that.

if its a non-turbo car then it doesnt need the fuel.