ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric Sunroof and Passenger Window (1997 1.4 RT)

1997 Clio RT 1.4L
Hey there everyone.

I'm new here so nice to meet everyone.

I've just got a 1997 Clio 1.4L RT. Its all in good nick but i've got a couple of problems with my electrics.

The first is the sunroof. I did a search and it looks like I'm not the only one but I'll just ask to make sure. Basically the previous owner has siliconed the outside of the sunroof so I don't believe it would open if it did work. As well as this the electric is not working on it at all so the two buttons for the sunroof have no effect. There's absolutely no movement or noise so i'm pretty sure its not the silicone just stopping it.

Is the silicone there because its been leaking then? Anyone know how to fix this and what could be up with the electrics?

Secondly is the passenger side electric window control to wind it DOWN,the up one works fine, so to open it I have to use the driver side.

Any help for either would be massively appreciated, don't know a lot so dont really know where to start.

Thanks in advance for any help,

All the best,
Rainer.

clio 1.4RT
I had and do have to same probs...

Yeh the sunroof is knowen to leak badley on our type of clio, so the silicon is prob there to cure that to an extent.
The reason it isnt working is probably due to the ingress of water and has knackered the motor and switch as the water covers these when it rains.
The only way i sorted this problem was to get a ne/second hand sunroof motor and switch from ebay.......... problem solved.

The prob with your window switch is the same problem i have but ive yet to find a good working switch to replace it with.

The best thing you can do at the moment is start looking for the part to replace....sunroof motor+switch and a door window switch.

then go about replacing them and hey presto you will more than likley find you have fixed them.

Joe

1997 Clio RT 1.4L
Thats lovely mate. Thanks very much for your help. Appreciate the speedy reply :D Let me know if you spot the sunroof stuff on ebay on your travels, none up at the moment as far as i can see ;)

clio 1.4RT
yeh no probs.....ill keep a look out for you and post on here if i see anything...oh by the way you can use a mk 2 clio sunroof motor but you wil need to cut a few wires when fitting it.

Any more help pls feel free to ask

1997 Clio RT 1.4L
Really? Okay that makes it a bit easier finding one then.

Thanks very much mate!

I'm only in York so when I pass my test i'll be local in an RT :D

Whats the RT stand for anyway?

Thanks!