ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Sportlines sitting 15mm higher at the back than the front?!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
They probably are sitting at the right height, probably because of the extra rake created from the lower front end due to the top mounts will be your answer to it looking higher.

Personally I'd rather it was another 10mm lower it will stop the rear being flighty as well

Clio 182 FF cup'd
My front arch from ground is 595mm and rear is 610mm

Just out of interest what are yours?

I have the exact same set up as you Eibach Sportlines with AST top mounts. From the floor to the arch my Front is 580mm - rear 610mm must be a common issue with eibachs... i was going to get some custom spring to lower the rear 15mm more, but im unsure where to get them from :(

ph1 172
I have the exact same set up as you Eibach Sportlines with AST top mounts. From the floor to the arch my Front is 580mm - rear 610mm must be a common issue with eibachs... i was going to get some custom spring to lower the rear 15mm more, but im unsure where to get them from :(

WOW! That's even more than mine!

I am thinking of putting coilover rear springs and adjusters on. That way you can settle for the height you want, to match the front.

The only thing that worries me is whether it will mess up the balance and handling?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Clio 182 FF cup'd

I am thinking of putting coilover rear springs and adjusters on. That way you can settle for the height you want, to match the front.

The only thing that worries me is whether it will mess up the balance and handling?

Good Idea, guess we'll both be looking out for somebody with seized front coilovers, willing to split the rears :p How low can you go on the standard cup dampers?

ph1 172
Pretty low. Banderson on here is running vmaxx low on 15's and he has swapped his vmaxx dampers on the rear for standard cup packed ones and prefers it. I must say, it rides very well.

I am running Sachs dampers so are stiffer anyway so would hope for them to be fine?

I was going to look at trying to buy them new. If I can find someone that does and for a reasonable price, I will let you know.

Clio 172 RS2
Afbeelding 4.pngAfbeelding 5.png

To illustrate the drop left Eibach coilies, right standard coils.
Mechanic's Clio 172 @ local Renault service center compared to mines.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

You should be ok, however I'd prefer to get some custom springs made, send off your rear eibachs, tell them you want the same spring rate just a slightly shorter spring, job done, then you wont be upsetting the balance putting a different spring rate on the rear that could either be stiffer/softer than the eibach's

if that makes sense lol

ph1 172
You should be ok, however I'd prefer to get some custom springs made, send off your rear eibachs, tell them you want the same spring rate just a slightly shorter spring, job done, then you wont be upsetting the balance putting a different spring rate on the rear that could either be stiffer/softer than the eibach's

if that makes sense lol
Will Eibach make the springs then?

Also, surely that will cost a bomb?

ph1 172
I should have it all sorted as I have a company modifying the Eibach rear springs that are in place.

I will post pics up next week of the results

ph1 172
Springs arrived today:)

I purposely had them lowered about 5-7mm lower at the back as I plan to strip the interior from the rear, so hopefully it will then sit level:eek:
IMG_0276.JPGIMG_0278.JPG

If anyone is having the same problems with their springs, let me know and I can supply you with the details you need:approve:

Total cost £55

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
How does it handle? (Nose dive isn't really a bad thing)

Or is it purely from a looks perspective that it bothers you?
I should have it all sorted as I have a company modifying the Eibach rear springs that are in place.
By modify, do you mean lopping a coil off?

ph1 172
How does it handle? (Nose dive isn't really a bad thing)

Or is it purely from a looks perspective that it bothers you?

By modify, do you mean lopping a coil off?

The nose down did affect the handling, it was lighter on the rear and when braking hard it was even lighter!

By modifying them they re-heated the springs to a temperature in which they can then re-form their height. They then re-hardened them and powder coated them black.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've never heard of that method tbh.

Its been a while since I did any metalurgy but I'd be a bit sceptical of them becoming work hardened. How do they feel?

ph1 172
I've never heard of that method tbh.

Its been a while since I did any metalurgy but I'd be a bit sceptical of them becoming work hardened. How do they feel?

Tbh they feel exactly the same prior to the "modification" Only difference being the back end feels far more planted thanks to it not being so high in the air!