ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Pro-Kit 30mm Springs

Clio 182
Hi everyone I'm new here thought I'd ask some advice re lowering,

I'm thinking of buying some Eibach Pro-Kit springs for my mk2 ph2 Clio to lower it 30mm. I just want to point out before people start saying "go for 60mm not 30mm" I'm still skeptical about getting it lowered at all- I don't really want to have my car slammed so that it makes it awkward to go up speed bumps, makes me look like a boy racer etc. (hope I don't offend anyone by saying that!) I only want to go 30mm so that its subtle and that tiny bit lower to make the gap between the tyre and the wheel arches smaller since I find it looks a bit goofy as high as it is, particularly on the back wheels.
What I would like to know is;

-How much does the 30mm affect the drive? Is the steering affected much and will I feel bumpy roads more?
-Is it safe to literally just change the springs without replacing anything such as shocks/dampers? Can this cause issues later on?
-These are better than Apex, correct?
-If anyone has any pictures on 15" wheels as most of the pictures I've seen of 30mm have been on 16".

Cheers!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Prolines are the black springs which will lower it approx 15mm, sportlines are the red springs which lower it approx 30mm.

You can just change the springs and keep standard shocks if there in good condition. You'll have to get the tracking done after fitment though. I had the sportlines on my 182 with standard wheels and on a few days with 15" wherls and the came on my ph1. Better than Apex for comfort and ride quality but not for looks. I also agree thet they are better than cooksport springs too for the same reasons but that's my personal preference.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
In a nutshell, yes, you'll feel bumps slightly more, but the car will generally handle better. Its safe to just change the springs, unless going for a huge drop, and they're a lot better than apex springs.

What are you fitting these to though? Non-sport clio or a 172/182 or what?

Yes proline are meant to lower 15mm but in reality they lower more!

New genuine 172 cup dampers and prolines....

10042011920-1.jpg

10042011924.jpg

10042011921.jpg