ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eibach camber bolts (something is not right)

evo 6rs/clio 172
Its been a long story but basically bought some eibach camber bolts
Had the fitted and an alignment to -3.5 deg
Noticed on cornering left it made a grumbling noise like the tyre was being eaten or felt like going over rumble strips
It was perfect before the bolts were put in
Had yet another alignment and can't get it less than -2.2 both sides which is odd as you are supposed to set them to positive camber if required
I did blyton on sunday trackday which is anti clockwise so mostly left hand bends
I had to ease off as wasn't keen on the feeling and noise
I just can't seem to understand it so have decided to give up and put the stock bolts back in and set the geo to factory fit
Any ideas what went wrong like bolts in correctly done or because its on cooksport lowering springs it alters many factors
cheers

Cup In bits
You can't put the bolts in wrong tbh.

You either put too much camber on for your wheel offset and your tyre was touching the strut under load.

Your wheel bearing is fecked.

Or by putting on camber you have compressed the driveshaft beyond its needed float and the shafts bottoming out and knocking on the box which could have caused your CV joint to go.

evo 6rs/clio 172
Many thanks I am thinking I may of done damage to the drive shaft as I drove it for a few miles with stupid amount of negative camber on
like u suggest might of caused damage to the drive shaft

Many.
Or by putting on camber you have compressed the driveshaft beyond its needed float and the shafts bottoming out and knocking on the box which could have caused your CV joint to go.

This, Sounds exactly the same as what I had on mine after lowering it further and adding some camber.

I'm looking to get a my spare driveshaft shortend to stop this happening.

evo 6rs/clio 172
How much are cv's please I will give that a try
i am guessing after fitting it I will need another geo lol

Cup In bits
By having the camber bolt in the top hole you will shorten the distance that the shaft has, if you can achieve the camber you want with the bolt in the bottom then that will give you slightly more play for the shaft.

How much are cv's please I will give that a try
i am guessing after fitting it I will need another geo lol

Some 1*2 CV's are not available but at a guess if they are for yours it will be circa £50 for a half decent make.

evo 6rs/clio 172
Do you think if the cv boot is removed there will be swarf in the grease
Or might even see where the teeth are rounded off
thanks for the info