ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eco-modding Clio Dynamique 1.2 Project

Clio 1.2 16v, Octavia VRS
This is '51' Clio 1.2 Dynamique as it stands right now with its first couple of mods. I'm not going for the usual route with this car (i've got a Vrs for that ;)) but instead I'm trying to increase the economy of the car without ruining the aesthetics of it.

First up was a new route for the feed pipe to the airbox. I simply routed a small hole through the plastic sheet behind the grill and fed a duct pipe through. I can post up some pictures if anyones interested.:boring:

Next up, which I did on friday night, is the wheel deflectors. most modern cars have these fitted nowadays, so I figured it must be worth a try on my car. I have yet to test these but I do expect a small increase a higher speeds.

Thats were I'm up to at the moment. I no its probably not as exciting as the stripped out cups but this is the route that I have chosen. Next up will be rear wheel deflectors and passenger wing mirror removal. If these ideas work well I may consider marketing them!!

Deadly serious - I'll replace it with a internal one though!! Its has been done before...

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
he he, are you for real?

If you want extra fuel economy strip as much weight as you can ie: spare wheel and tool kit, fit low rolling resistance tyres and give it a full service.

You could probably improve your economy just by changing your driving style.

I'm not a troll!!! genuine guy trying to save money on fuel due to a pay cut at work cos of the recession.

Honestly, been reading through a forum called 'eco-modders' and just trying out some ideas on there. I'm currently getting just 50mpg on average and trying to see what I can get out of it.

If you guys not into this, I'll get the thread removed??

On this tank I'm at 49.6mpg out of mine but with fuel prices as they are, i just want a bit more.

non sport
fair play for trying but wouldnt it be more worthwhile to get a more "eco" vehicle?e.g no tax to pay etc...