ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EBC Discs and Pads all round

Flame Red 172
Alrite lads

Just a quick one i have a 2002 172, just had a quote for ebc brakes and pads all round and its come to £353.25 what does everybody rekon is that a good price ?

i've been recomended to go for red stuff pads on the front and green stuff pads on the back does that sound right ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Giulietta 940
People don't rate EBC much round here. Also, it depends what you'll be doing, i.e. road/fast road/track etc.

Brembo HC discs and Mintex M1144 pads for the front will set you back £110~... though most will suggest Ferodo DS2500 pads (I think?)

I had EBC Ultimax pads on the front for just under a year. They were horrible. I've since switched to M1144, and the difference is vast imo.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i have ebc all round with green shite pads... NEVER again! caught fire on a relativley calm drive up the brecon beacons last summer! as soon as theyre ready to be changed theyre going!

diffrent car but i bilieve theyre the exact same pads and disks

Now Sold :-(
EBC discs are made from cheese. Had a set warp after a month and the replacements lasted two. Never again.

Flame Red 172
Haha they dont sound too good then, its just money is quite a big issue for me at the moment. Im literally just using it for everyday driving so no track days or anything like that but maybe some enthusiastic driving every now and again. I have friends who all love them you see so strange that nobody likes them although they havent got clio's.

Giulietta 940
HC disks + M1144 pads for the front £110~
Genuine rear discs and pads for the back £120~

Fitting shouldn't be that much, think my local garage charges about £20 for the fronts.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
I've got EBC redstuff up front with black diamond grooved disks and standard on the back (and braided lines all round) and cant really complain to be honest! they seem to stop the car well especially when they have a bit of heat in them! From what i've heard though the green stuff is terrible! And the pre ceramic redstuff wasn't so hot either!
I havent done any track days but the brakes seem more than adequate for fast road!

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Check out the deal I have on with my own make grooved front discs and THE best all round pad available on the market today , the brand new Bluestuff NDX , don't judge them by any other EBC pads , these are the biggest selling pads we offer , and we sell all makes , our customers are getting very good results with them on big powered EVO's and scoobies.

I can supply you grooved front discs and NDX front pads for £109 !

Cheers Ian
01656 723060

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
After seeing Bluestuff pads eat a set of Brembo HC discs yesterday at Donington Park I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. The discs and pads had been bedded in for 900 miles as well.

Mark setup I'd suggest is:

Front: Ferodo DS2500 + Brembo HC discs
Rear: OEM pads and discs

PH1
I ran EBC yellows and OE discs at 5 trackdays last year, no problems whatsoever.
Trying some DS3000 now with HC disc's and looking to go with the EBC blues next.