ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ebay Clio's

182 FF
Just a quick post regarding how cheap some 182's are being sold for, makes me feel very sad. Not sure what i wanted to achieve by this thread. Its just horrible how fast the depreciate. Mine will be worth £250 by the time i seel next year lol.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yep it's bad I couldn't imagine how you feel if your selling after buying brand new :S

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Saw a 54 plate black 182 on eBay go for £2300 a few weeks back! Just had the belts done too..
Shame I don't like clio's!

Ph2 Clio 172
Feel for us 172 owners :(

My car has depreciated 50% in the 12 months I have owned it. Blame high fuel prices and massive hikes in insurance costs.

Listerine & Poledo
Feel for us 172 owners :(

My car has depreciated 50% in the 12 months I have owned it. Blame high fuel prices and massive hikes in insurance costs.

That's only because children keep smashing them up at the first given opportunity

Clio RS 182
Funny you're saying this actually because I noticed this whilst looking on eBay last night:eek:

Its left me wandering if I paid over the odds for mine. Bought it in February for £4200, its a 55 plate with 60K and 1 year warrenty.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The Mk2 Ph2 RS' will sit at about £2000 for a while though I should think bit like the Ph1 172's did and then drop off again aftera short pause

Its left me wandering if I paid over the odds for mine. Bought it in February for £4200, its a 55 plate with 60K and 1 year warrenty.

That's a good deal IMO if the belts have been done :)

I think about mine like this all the time and have to resist checking Ebay, PH'ds, CS, Autotrader for depreciating prices, only got it in Jan!! Even more so with the miles racking up.... I've come to the conclusion that the only viable option is to keep if til circa 100k and then turn it into a track sl*g as it wont be worth selling

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I looked for 4 weeks before i found my car, there were plenty up north for 2.5k but down south they were all dogs for that money.

I couldnt find a 182 for under 3k so ended up paying 2.5k for my c172 up and that wasnt perfect by a long way.

I bought my old 172 for £3.5k last February.
Sold it for £2.6k 9-10months later. (I did sell it quite cheap, but still took quite a big loss for a relatively short period).

172 cup
any car will lose money . the more you spend the more you lose . i paid 2600 for my 2004 cup . which for the performce and fun i get out of it is a bargain. think how owners of maza rx8 must feel 25000 to 5000 in 3-4 years. just use it and have fun . sod the cost......................

monaco 172 and combo
Just brought a monaco ph2 172 for £1000 on gumtree the downside was it had no mot the woman who owned it said she needed rid of as she could not afford to run it, so i took a punt and brought it the following day i stuck her straigh into a local mechanics he said a few things like brakes engine mouns shocks he quoted me 650 including mot , so in total mines cost me £1650 and i kno i could get at least £2500 on a 02plate 80k fsh all recipts ;)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I bought 1 car off EBAY

1 owner 30k 182-- 2 years ago for 4k- had an intermittent oil problem-

paid £500 belts & a new oil pressure switch, sold it for 6k the next week-

Out of 100 Clios on Ebay- 1 may be worth a punt-

Steve

So much seems to ride on the actual car, where you buy it from and location.

I looked for 6 weeks for my car and not once did I even see an advert for a "mint 172 for 3k easy" that some people on this forum swear exists :p Regardless of what was "supposed" to be available for £xxxx the fact was independant dealers started at 3.5k (for a PH2 172) for little SH, no belts etc and there were very few private ads which weren't chav wagons or 172 cups full of sub woofer. Needless to say also the one absolutely mint cup I saw in 3 months went in 4 days whilst the awful ones were there for 3 months.

Yet in the end another "so much for the price guides" as I ended up with a purchase I'd consider is one of those "one in fifty."

eBay is the real dogs of the car world. It's not sold on PistonHeads. They tried Auto Trader and that still didn't work. Try eBay.

The adverts are usually a load of w**k too.

clio sport 182
ebay has knocked the price of everything, 10 people all selling the same item, 2 are willing to take a few pound less then some one will take less and so on, i personally think ebay is part of the reason for the reccesion, the biggest ebay using countries are the ones in most debt now too ?

Clio 182 + Cup Pack
I have found ebay is no good to sell a decent car, people take the cheapest price they see and think this applies to all conditions of car.
I am still trying to sell a 54plate 182 with 95k miles, belts done and part service (every 2 years stamped) but won't take the stupid offers as
I am not desperate to sell.

Ebay gets more views but for the cost i find sticking it on gumtree for free gets just as many offers.

BG 182
I'm slightly concerned as to what I would get for mine.. Only purchased it in January! Although I don't think there's anything else out there with the luxuries and drive factor that the renaultsports offer. My friend brought a 52reg type r a month ago with 10k more miles than my 182 for £1500 more.

Cheap 182s make me happy. This means when my EO Focus is sold, I can back into a proper hot hatch for peanuts!

The prices are tumbling, Times are getting tough people are realising insurance for RS is not cheap. On the up side the good cars will hold there value and 2nd hand parts will become dirt cheap to help keep good cars on the road.