ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eating Injectors :(

Titanium 182
Hi,

Recently had some issues involving the AC compressor clutch and then a failed injector. Had the car back up and running yesterday with no issues what so ever! It was injector number 3 that had failed FYI. Anyway, started her up just now and missing again! Unplugged each injector one by one and looks like issue with cylinder 2 :|

My Dad's going to get a multimeter on the injector today and I'll have to order a second I guess. Are there any strange issues that could be causing these injector failures? It seems pretty odd for 2 to have died right? I'm scared this is going to keep on happening!

Thanks all

Titanium 182
They will be a very similar age, so not necessarily strange. I had an injector die just after Xmas and the EML was flashing again yesterday but thankfully it went shortly afterwards!
Yea good point, well it actually flashed for a couple of minutes yesterday evening but with no symptoms so I thought maybe it was the previous stored fault. Obviously it was detecting a failure, I should have just bought a full set I think!

Titanium 182
Yea, I'll just go ahead and order another 3. I really hope this isn't some sort of weird electrical fault? Doesn't seem likey however..

RB 182 FF
They will probably all fail within a short period, my first one failed, second one a few days later and third one a week after that... your car might feel it pulls stronger with 4 new ones as well, mine sure did!

Titanium 182
They will probably all fail within a short period, my first one failed, second one a few days later and third one a week after that... your car might feel it pulls stronger with 4 new ones as well, mine sure did!
It felt great yesterday, but then I did think "that sure sounds lumpy at idle". Ah well it's only money :wink:

Edit. Dad's just confirmed injector number 2 dead lol

Titanium 182
You weren't wrong! I saw a good offer on a single one so thought "meh let's just get 1". Anyway, fitted it and ran great for an hour! Next morning back to 3 cylinders :(

Clio 200 Raider
Is there a guide on how to change injectors anywhere how easy is this job to do an what tools do you require?

Also wheres the best place to get a new set of 4?

RB 182 FF
Hi canky, it's easy if youve tried basic things yourself before.... Definitely only buy them from reputable dealers, many of us have learned the hard way... Cheapest place is Renparts on Ebay....around 32 quid each I think. You need simple tools, 8mm torx for engine cover if you have one (if original bolts), 10mm long socket for 2 nuts on fuel rail guard at the front of the engine, remove that and 2 bolts hold the fuel rail to the block, can't remember what size...undo those, unplug injector wires from injectors, unplug fuel line from fuel rail (watch petrol spurt doesnt go in your eyes), wiggle rail away from engine block, slide out old injectors, replace with new ones and reassemble.....very basic tools needed so you should be ok.....:up:

Last edited:
  dan's cast offs.
wrap the connector on the fuel rail with a bit of cloth before you pop it off, also empty the rail when you take it off before you take injectors off.