ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E3 2017!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It wasn't exactly mind-blowing though. Same old
It's kind of what I like/despise about Nintendo.

They give zero phucks about pretty much everything as they know the hardcore faithful will buy it regardless - along with sales from the weird taste in gaming that exists solely within Japan. They could release "Mario Fists Badgers" and it would still sell by the bucketload. So long as there were mushrooms to jump on and the entire world backdrop being cutesy and cartoon based.

I want that same buzz that I got from playing Donkey Kong in the arcades at Blackpool in the early 80s. I just think both my tastes and expectations have matured as I've got older. Nintendo in any guise just doesn't 'do it' for me any more.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's kind of what I like/despise about Nintendo.

They give zero phucks about pretty much everything as they know the hardcore faithful will buy it regardless - along with sales from the weird taste in gaming that exists solely within Japan. They could release "Mario Fists Badgers" and it would still sell by the bucketload. So long as there were mushrooms to jump on and the entire world backdrop being cutesy and cartoon based.

I want that same buzz that I got from playing Donkey Kong in the arcades at Blackpool in the early 80s. I just think both my tastes and expectations have matured as I've got older. Nintendo in any guise just doesn't 'do it' for me any more.
Do you have a link to Mario Fist Badgers?
I've been looking for a new game for my niece's third birthday. :cool:

Evo 5 RS
Lol. Yup. I prefer that, I'd rather see a nice shiny trailer every 6-9 months than incremental bullsh*t "leaks" and rushed footage.

To be fair, there was a lot less glitter this year from the usual suspects. Just straight gameplay. Nothing that looked too good to be true from a technical perspective.

Well, besides Anthem. At least we now know why Andromeda got sidelined.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
To be fair, there was a lot less glitter this year from the usual suspects. Just straight gameplay. Nothing that looked too good to be true from a technical perspective.

Well, besides Anthem. At least we now know why Andromeda got sidelined.
Ha, yeah and all the better for it IMO.
I read a great article on the Andromeda fiasco. Mental how much it was passed around, it's no wonder that it turned out like that.