ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DVD to Iphone, how do i do it?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
How can i do this? Do i need to download something and if i do has anyone got a link? Cheers

Format factory:

Insert DVD / Choose DVD to file / Choose file type, size, quality / Click Start

I've been using it for DVDs to MP4 for the iPad.

Done Avatar, Role Models, American Pie and Watchmen, takes about 2hours a DVD.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Ideal thanks mate! Once ive downloaded it i take it i dont need to be conected to the net to use it?

Renaultsport Clio 182
Format factory:

Insert DVD / Choose DVD to file / Choose file type, size, quality / Click Start

I've been using it for DVDs to MP4 for the iPad.

Done Avatar, Role Models, American Pie and Watchmen, takes about 2hours a DVD.

what file type / size / quality would you recommend i use for using mp4's on my 3GS?

Cheers

E87 118d M Sport
Yup. Literally pick the device your converting for and it shows you which formats are available:
handbrake-windows.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Cool cheers, do i need to change any setting or simply click iphone plug it in then go lol? Guna dload it wen i get home but bet i get stuck

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Knew id need help lol im crap with this stuff
so ive dloaded handbrake
fast and furious disc in
scanning (bottom left corner)
scan complete (bottom left corner)
now what lol, its got the title box and duration on the screen, on the right hamd side do i select iphone&ipod touch?
So how do i transfer this film to my iphone now?
Thank you for youre help lol

Can't comment on handbrake, but format factory =

Disc in.
Choose DVD from menu.
Copy to file.
File = MP4 in documents/folder of your choice.
iTunes open, drag new movie file over.
Goto iPhone in iTunes, tick the movie you want, sync.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Its encrypting or watever at the min, i just made a new file
called it movie iphone that is saving into, how do i move that file onto itunes? Simply drag it over and if so were do i drag it to, the movies part?
Sorry i am shite using itunes and transfering thongs to phone lol

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Or s**t! Ive syncd the film on to my iphone but the sound is allover the place skipping and breaking up and the same for the picture, its all fuzzy cant see anything proply
lol any ideas on that?

Mac the ripper removes the encryption that's stops you from copying dvd's.

I'm just giving fairmount a go, I believe it does the same.

Think most films will be about 3gb

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I downloaded Format Factory, but it's full of bloody add-ons like ask jeeves tool bars etc.

It was also taking an absolute age to rip anything so I gave up and uninstalled it, along with everything else it had decided to install. Will try again when I have a bit more patience.

How long should it take to convert a movie to MP4? Also, what is the best quality to use? Will only be being played on an i-Pod classic?

I downloaded Format Factory, but it's full of bloody add-ons like ask jeeves tool bars etc.

It was also taking an absolute age to rip anything so I gave up and uninstalled it, along with everything else it had decided to install. Will try again when I have a bit more patience.

How long should it take to convert a movie to MP4? Also, what is the best quality to use? Will only be being played on an i-Pod classic?

LOL, just untick the boxes, and nothing is installed.

Mine take around 2hours per DVD, and I use the high quality option.

5GB DVD = 1GB .mp4 file for me.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
LOL, just untick the boxes, and nothing is installed.

Mine take around 2hours per DVD, and I use the high quality option.

5GB DVD = 1GB .mp4 file for me.

I didn't see any options to tick / untick. Just downloaded the zip file, opened and opened the exe file to install, and it installed everything.

Didn't realise until a couple of hours later when I opened up IE.

How long is it suppose to take to scan?

About 2hours

I didn't see any options to tick / untick. Just downloaded the zip file, opened and opened the exe file to install, and it installed everything.

Didn't realise until a couple of hours later when I opened up IE.

After it installed, I got a popup asking to accept their T&Cs, where it also said "install all this lovely crap too", I didn't tick accept T&Cs, and it never installed the crap.