ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dumb qeustion on fog lights

Clio200 EDC Lux
I "think" the wiring is already there just a case of getting a stalk from a scrappy with the fog light switch, and obvious a set of fog lights.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why, don't plan on using them do you? unless it's foggy

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The comment offically makes you a chav now ;)

Also it's illegal.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
yup, makes you look like a tool. i only use mine in the fog because i have to to get the back ones on.

i cant see how blinding people coming in the other direction can make you 'cool'.

Golf
is very chav, i kno someone with a 07 evo who drives with theres on and told them the same thing, said if it lookd cool with the brake lights on would u drive with your foot slightly on the brake to look cool!?!?!?!? INNIT bo!

renault clio
didnt realise it was punishable by points, but their not that bright anyways, ive got a mate with a clio 2003 and he drives with his on everwhere so i thought id jump on the band wagon

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well if you come towards me with em on you'll be getting full beams.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
If the fuzz see you driving with them on..you can get points I think.
Plus its very chav.

generally its a £30 fixed penaly, unless you cause a crash, or are using them inappropriately (flashing them at people i guess) and also a very boreing lecture from the police man. and if they pull them expect them to look over the whole car for defect not just your fogs.
but if your a repeat offender i'm sure there would be some points handed out. I believe its known as chav tax on here.
besided they say it looks sporty, none of the touring cars or rally cars have foggs as the general spec, they just have fake plastic bumpers, so technically the basic clios have the sportier look. you might think they look better but they dont help you see better at night, they dont do much distance illumination they just light up the 2 feet at the front of the car the head lights over shoot.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
didnt realise it was punishable by points, but their not that bright anyways, ive got a mate with a clio 2003 and he drives with his on everwhere so i thought id jump on the band wagon

I get pulled all the time for having my foggys on (call me a chav if u will) the bizzies arent that bothered unless their in a mood. just use the same excuse as me "sorry i didnt know they were on" lol it always works.

or the one i used the other day "its a new car i dnt know how to turn them off" even though iv had the car over a year.

T

thecremeegg

Giles my clio is a 1.4RT from 1999, is the wiring there?
I was thinking of gettin some purely for aesthetics, but if the wirings there then I may as well hook them up

Most cops will pull you and give you a £30 penalty.

I added them to my car as I felt it made the front of the car look better, cost £25 for the stalk and £40 for the fogs and the wires that connected them together plus another fiver for the supports.

Some of the lower levels of cars such as Authentiques however don't have the neccessary wiring under the dash.

Clio 197
Giles my clio is a 1.4RT from 1999, is the wiring there?
I was thinking of gettin some purely for aesthetics, but if the wirings there then I may as well hook them up

yes

If you go look in your engine bay, go down near the battery & the passenger headlight. You will see the wire/plug at the bottom for the fog lights.

Fiesta ST
:dead:
If the fuzz see you driving with them on..you can get points I think.
Plus its very chav.

yep 3 points, i got told, i got stopped cause forgot to turn them off the day before, turned my sidelights on and they came on aswell and the police had words even thou i wasnt aware, but i was let of because of it. so you have been warned
and yeah not cool

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How can you forget there on the light is stupidly bright on the dashboard!

Last edited:
  Golf TDI
mate when i first passed my driving test i didnt know better and used to drive around with my fog lights on . one night when i was with my girlfriend i got pulled over by the police and he gave me a lecture , brethalised me and checked all my tyres . said if it happens again then its a £30 fine . i felt a right tit . so i really wouldnt bother .

1.4i MK2 Clio RT
yeh, ive been pulled over twice for my foggers, second time got an official warning and they sed next time its a £30 fine and 3 points :( , but as i sed to the police, "it was foggy down tht back lane" ........honest :nono:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I get soo Fucked off with People with there Fog Lights on when it isn't Foggy, Full Beam and my own Fog Lights in there face, Totally Pointless Chavs!!