ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving the Renault Zoe today!

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
So my 182 is in for repairs .. yet again and Renault have given me a Zoe until tomorrow
First impressions, im having a fair laugh in it only because i can hear everything and theres no noise (obviously)
its a bit crap in eco mode but when thats turned off its pretty speedy up to about 50

used half a battery today so i need to go easy XD

I can see why people are driving electric / hybrids now, but it'll never beat my clio!

12143189_10156231567370151_369849501630580737_n.jpg

12074833_10156231504300151_6534531521894898121_n.jpg

Lotus Elise
I love electric car, ace for city driving and so quite and comfy. Makes the IC engine feel old hat.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
What is the acceleration like when you floor it from standstill?

I love electric car, ace for city driving and so quite and comfy. Makes the IC engine feel old hat.
I test drove a p85d tesla 2 weeks ago as we are contemplating putting one through the business this had both insane and ludicrous modes which are 3.1 and 2.8 to 60

The car was as stunning as anything i have driven

The leaseplan quotes are not totally stupid as the speck we came up with was nearly 100k

I am due back for a second drive shortly

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I would have a electric car if there were more charging stations, in fact I will give the new mid size Tesla a serious consideration when it launches. I'm hoping in a few years there with be a lot more charging stations combined with better battery tech.

Lotus Elise
I test drove a p85d tesla 2 weeks ago as we are contemplating putting one through the business this had both insane and ludicrous modes which are 3.1 and 2.8 to 60

The car was as stunning as anything i have driven

The leaseplan quotes are not totally stupid as the speck we came up with was nearly 100k

I am due back for a second drive shortly
I love those Tesla's. Please do a thread (and a trackday) if you decide upon having one.

Local dealer mentioned they have a customer who did a day at brands and it only reduced his 300 mile range by 20%

The pickup from standstill is brutal as its totally linear from the second you hit the power and just keeps going

Wife has to drive it hence second test drive

Cupra
I had a Twizy for a day as a coutesey car and loved it. Totally impractical for just about everything except getting from A-B in dry weather, but still a blast to drive.

abbce17e-84f2-48fa-91e2-3a732c2215b9.jpg

Suzuki Jimny
I'm a huge fan of electric cars after spending some time in a mates nissan leaf.
Really like the idea of pre-warming the car too!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I had a Twizy for a day as a coutesey car and loved it. Totally impractical for just about everything except getting from A-B in dry weather, but still a blast to drive.

I hired one in Tenerife for the day.
Loved it and would contemplate buying one for getting round town.

However I think they are best suited for driving round nice sunny warm islands then they would be for a drizzily UK town.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
WTAF.

Has the URL address been changed and I'm no longer on CS? I have zero-fcuks-given about electric cars. Flawed, impractical, silent. I live on the 1st floor of an apartment block. How exactly do I charge it? Oh, that's right - I can fill up on the way into work. That sees me loitering around a suitable charging point at 4am, then?

0-60 time of 0.00002 seconds. Who cares when the only backing vocals you hear are a hybrid of Ernie's fastest milkcart and tyre noise? And look - that 3 hour charge that I so intently waited for has now been battered by 15% as I tried to rinse an M3. I guess I could always get one with a sound generator onboard. That will add to the Awesome Points of the car, no end.

Zero pollution - let's not go down that road, shall we? Zero road tax? I'd rather pay my circa £260 per year on the Clio, thanks. Manufacturers - come back when you have a GENUINE replacement for the internal combustion engine. Or alternatively, keep all the loveliness of burning petroleum products that we are truly passionate about from owning cars - and find a proper, replacement fuel.

I don't think I can actually put across just how much burning hatred I have for these things. I'd rather walk or frigging cycle everywhere, if I had no alternative. Hideous, pretentious pieces of crap, made under the guise of helping the planet and pandering to the soft-arse lentil munchers.

Utter b****cks. :rage:

Darren hasnt driven a tesla and spends his days hoping his yozza can be made louder

4 cylinder cars sound s**t so why would you want to here them

I dont do many journeys over 300 mile round trip so practicality is there

The tesla is awesome and will accompany my v8 and flat 6 cars nicely

The clio will still sit on the drive

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
WTAF.

Has the URL address been changed and I'm no longer on CS? I have zero-fcuks-given about electric cars. Flawed, impractical, silent. I live on the 1st floor of an apartment block. How exactly do I charge it? Oh, that's right - I can fill up on the way into work. That sees me loitering around a suitable charging point at 4am, then?

0-60 time of 0.00002 seconds. Who cares when the only backing vocals you hear are a hybrid of Ernie's fastest milkcart and tyre noise? And look - that 3 hour charge that I so intently waited for has now been battered by 15% as I tried to rinse an M3. I guess I could always get one with a sound generator onboard. That will add to the Awesome Points of the car, no end.

Zero pollution - let's not go down that road, shall we? Zero road tax? I'd rather pay my circa £260 per year on the Clio, thanks. Manufacturers - come back when you have a GENUINE replacement for the internal combustion engine. Or alternatively, keep all the loveliness of burning petroleum products that we are truly passionate about from owning cars - and find a proper, replacement fuel.

I don't think I can actually put across just how much burning hatred I have for these things. I'd rather walk or frigging cycle everywhere, if I had no alternative. Hideous, pretentious pieces of crap, made under the guise of helping the planet and pandering to the soft-arse lentil munchers.

Utter b****cks. :rage:

need to chill to my friend ...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Darren hasnt driven a tesla and spends his days hoping his yozza can be made louder

4 cylinder cars sound s**t so why would you want to here them

I dont do many journeys over 300 mile round trip so practicality is there

The tesla is awesome and will accompany my v8 and flat 6 cars nicely

The clio will still sit on the drive

You're right - I've never driven a Tesla but would drive one given the opportunity. Again, would I own one, given the opportunity? Not a chance. You said that the one you specced-up nearly hit £100k? There are many, many more cars that I'd want to spend that kind of money over a technical showcase on wheels.

And for the record - I've not got a yozza - or ever owned one of those before.

4 cylinders sound s**t? Lol - ok. I'm assuming from that comment you're saying that ALL 4 cylinder cars sound s**t?

It beggars belief that you own both a V8 and flat-6, yet can see any 'benefits' of an adult-sized Tamiya model. I'm guessing you're not short of some money - so tax incentives can hardly be a major guiding decision for you. And what do you do if your journey IS over 300 miles? Pray that a Tesla Supercharger is en route somewhere from the myriad of places (seen below) - then piss about killing time while the damn thing charges back up?

Tesla%20stations_zpshcn75smg.jpg

There's a reason why electric cars are still (and very thankfully) a tiny minority. Sure, the Government will attempt to entice the masses with zero tax and other incentives. It will be interesting to see if these same people will have the similar love for them in the 2nd-hand market - when knackered battery packs and screwed motor components will make a mainstream head-gasket seem cheap in comparison.

Electric cars are well over a century old. They failed back then because internal combustion became far more prevalent, easier to obtain and easier to supply. Hopefully they will fail again as a has-been fad for the start of the new millennium. And just wait until your insurance premium starts to go up. Because we all know how statistics get misinterpreted - and those cases of pedestrians being mown down because they didn't hear the damn battery-powered stealth cars approaching - will make your car a far more dangerous prospect on the road. But who cares - at least I don't pay road-tax....

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So, when you buying one. Lol.

I agree with your points. In my life time I will never own one, even if I had the money to piss away

You're right - I've never driven a Tesla but would drive one given the opportunity. Again, would I own one, given the opportunity? Not a chance. You said that the one you specced-up nearly hit £100k? There are many, many more cars that I'd want to spend that kind of money over a technical showcase on wheels.

4 cylinders sound s**t? Lol - ok. I'm assuming from that comment you're saying that ALL 4 cylinder cars sound s**t?

It beggars belief that you own both a V8 and flat-6, yet can see any 'benefits' of an adult-sized Tamiya model. I'm guessing you're not short of some money - so tax incentives can hardly be a major guiding decision for you. And what do you do if your journey IS over 300 miles? Pray that a Tesla Supercharger is en route somewhere from the myriad of places (seen below) - then piss about killing time while the damn thing charges back up?

There's a reason why electric cars are still (and very thankfully) a tiny minority. Sure, the Government will attempt to entice the masses with zero tax and other incentives. It will be interesting to see if these same people will have the similar love for them in the 2nd-hand market - when knackered battery packs and screwed motor components will make a mainstream head-gasket seem cheap in comparison.

Electric cars are well over a century old. They failed back then because internal combustion became far more prevalent, easier to obtain and easier to supply. Hopefully they will fail again as a has-been fad for the start of the new millennium. And just wait until your insurance premium starts to go up. Because we all know how statistics get misinterpreted - and those cases of pedestrians being mown down because they didn't hear the damn battery-powered stealth cars approaching - will make your car a far more dangerous prospect on the road. But who cares - at least I don't pay road-tax....
I guess i see we will see what the future holds but dismissing them as crap as you intially did was veru short sighted

Things will continue to develop and prices will come down .

As for incentives to own they are not huge and lease costs are still over a grand a month anyhow so 5k back off the government is nothing ,i have a zero tax diesel on the drive so its no saving there either

However you are not seeing the tech the pure grunt ,the comfort etc thats available

Granted a nissan leaf isnt the same thing as a tesla however stop for one moment

Spend half a day in a tesla s and i bet you would come back and have a different view

I grant the prices right now are high but that will change

As for 4 cylinders sounding s**t then yes pretty much all do

Granted a carbed or throttle bodied 8k screamer will be not bad but pretty much thats not what most people drive

But there is a time and place for that and also having owned and elise and exige i can say the worst part was engine sound

Even my 8k screaming carbed 7 wasnt pleasant but it did a job

Seriously try driving an electric because 5 minues before being handed the keys to a tesla i felt similar to you

Just look at what i own and have owned. ,Hardley the makings of a green warrior here thats for sure

Not a 320d

I rented one for 5 hrs in Porto Santo this year and it was a bit of fun. Id get bored for sure, but for a sunny holiday day of exploring it was great.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep

oliver-dukcevic-freelance-voice-over-london-uk-england-radio-tv-web-snickers-advert.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Loving the responses guys - that's what makes coming onto this forum so great! :cool:

Harv - if you ever head up North with a Tesla - PM me and I'll send you my address. You can try your best to convince me otherwise!

As it stands, electric power (imo) is best suited as an augment to a traditional engine. Like the latest hypercars - tying in the 100% instant torque benefits of the electric motor - but for the majority of the time, using the traditional IC engine for propulsion (and noise).

The biggest hurdle for me is that even if battery power and capacity was instantly addressed - a guaranteed 250-300 mile radius regardless of driving style and a recharge in sub-5 minutes (without drastically reducing the battery life in the process) - it still leaves me cold. A lot of evocative traits of owning and driving a car - even down to smell of fumes and oil, the mechanical hum at idle - let alone redlining the thing - are all gone. You're on a 100% motoring diet of pure protein with all the sugars, fats, lard, grease and salt removed. It's a void that no matter how good the car - simply cannot be filled by the absence of a traditional IC engine.

Ten years ago, propane was the next big thing. Relatively easy to convert, a by-product of the petro-chem industry and much cheaper than petrol or diesel at the time. Yet that's almost died of death in a short number of years. People are now wary of alternatives and I can't see them being easily fooled by electric-only power either. Look at the majority of responses on this thread. Most people have had these cars on short term loan - and with the knowledge that it's not their sole car. See how people feel with something like a Leaf or Zoe being their only means of transport, with the current running/recharge considerations - over a period of 5+ years.

At the minute, they are a novelty - a quirky gimmick to have a potter around in for a few days. That means fun and a break from the norm. As a long term proposition? No ta.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I keep seeing BMW i3s around my area, I would love one tbh. Maybe if I pull my finger out at work and bag a company car. It's rare I'd do more than a hundred miles in a day, and for knocking around I bet it's awesome.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Electric cars are becoming interesting,
But they have many years to go before I step into one.