ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft confusion

Clio DCI
Is there any way i can find out what drive shaft i need to buy without taking my old one off of the car?

I have a 2002 DCI 1.5 80bhp clio, in need of a new driveshaft after the rubber has split, and the joint has started knocking loudly.

My number plate is MH02NBJ

I need a passenger side shaft, and woundered if anyone could tell me what shaft was fitted to my car as i dont want to buy an incorrect shaft, and due to work i cant really take off and refit as i was hopeing to buy it for next weekend to swap straight over. Oooh and before i forget, i have ABS.
Any help would be appreciated

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Phone renault, supprisingly and ask them, wouldn't 100% trust it be correct though

Clio DCI
lol i might give them a call, although im in hospital from tomorrow so il try mid week. I know an auto shop said there is a possability between 2 shafts, but their very expensive, and i dont want to end up getting the incorrect one

There should only be one potential ones.

Won't matter if you get the wrong one so long as your abs ring can be rused as thats the only difference.

Renault clio mk2 dci
Hi, I'm in the same boat, did you managed to get the information from Renault in the end? I have my VIN number ready, just wondered if it worth the hassle.
Edit: Ok, i just realized this is an 11yr old thread, is anyone maybe able to give me the right part number so i can order it up

PH2 172
Hi, I'm in the same boat, did you managed to get the information from Renault in the end? I have my VIN number ready, just wondered if it worth the hassle.
Edit: Ok, i just realized this is an 11yr old thread, is anyone maybe able to give me the right part number so i can order it up
I don`t think edde is going to reply in a hurry.
Ring Renault parts direct or Renault Wolverhampton for a part number & price.
Or you could use this
http://www.gknservice.com/gb/passenger_cars/online_catalogue.html

PH2 172
@Drakedian
My apoligies, I have duplicated the error of post 4.
The GKN Lobro shaft 304300 with 26T ABS ring has a CV joint with 23 splines to locate the hub, but 304689 with 44T ABS ring has only 21 splines.
You need to check which you have before ordering and do not put too much faith in Ebay part number cross references.
PM me if it helps.

Renault clio mk2 dci
Hi Steve,
Thank you, i haven't expected such a brief answer! I need to change the right one, not the left, is the abs rings matter on that side as well?

PH2 172
Hi Steve,
Thank you, i haven't expected such a brief answer! I need to change the right one, not the left, is the abs rings matter on that side as well?

VIN, year, reg, engine spec please?

And yes, the number of ABS ring teeth is relevant.

Renault clio mk2 dci
VIN, year, reg, engine spec please?
Hi Steve
Sorry i pressed the reply button, but the site keeps logging me out on my phone, maybe that's why it went through as a post rather than a reply. Regarding the boat, it's an 04 plate Clio 1.5 DCI 82 (?), and my VIN number is VF1CBR8EF30273058. I called ECP today btw, and they quoted me £91 for the driveshaft, however they can't guarantee its the right one..

PH2 172
Hi Steve
Sorry i pressed the reply button, but the site keeps logging me out on my phone, maybe that's why it went through as a post rather than a reply. Regarding the boat, it's an 04 plate Clio 1.5 DCI 82 (?), and my VIN number is VF1CBR8EF30273058. I called ECP today btw, and they quoted me £91 for the driveshaft, however they can't guarantee its the right one..
Should that be CB08, not CBR8?
Really need the number of ABS teeth (26 or 44) and number of wheel side (hub) splines (21 or 23) to identify the correct shaft.
If a UK car, the registration number would be of assistance.