ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drag Racing @ Shakespeare: Sat 27/10/12

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If I find myself in the lane next to you, is it ok if you run in reverse Tom?
It's the only way i'll stand a chance against a nitrous fuelled supercharged cup.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Right I don't think it's even worth me going now,
I was under the bonnet today and it crossed my mind to give the battery a wiggle,
as the scrutineers will be checking it's secure, the f*cking thing popped right out of the clamp.

It was changed by a company that came out to the house when the thing died,
it appears they've just stuck a generic battery in that doesn't have a big enough lip for the clamp to grab hold of.

I don't have any money for a new battery, or have the receipt for it being changed.

As soon as the scrutineers get under the bonnet a check it they're going to say 'well you can go home son',
i'm f*cking well pissed off tbh, it's even passed an mot with it like that as well. :S

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I was under the bonnet today and it crossed my mind to give the battery a wiggle,
as the scrutineers will be checking it's secure, the f*cking thing popped right out of the clamp.

it appears they've just stuck a generic battery in that doesn't have a big enough lip for the clamp to grab hold of.

I don't have any money for a new battery, or have the receipt for it being changed.

As soon as the scrutineers get under the bonnet a check it they're going to say 'well you can go home son',
i'm f*cking well pissed off tbh, it's even passed an mot with it like that as well. :S

Is there nothing you can do to secure or stabilise it? A whole heap of velcro or something?

HBT 172 Cup
Improvise! Get an M8 bolt, some large M8 penny washers and stack/trim/cut/hacksaw/file to suit. Should be able to make something that can at least hold the battery still.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
This isn't the battery i've got but the bottom lip is the same, I thought it wasn't gripping because it's not a flat lip,
so I cut away the angle bit so it's flat, but there's still not enough for it to grip.

Exide-063TE-Car-Battery.jpg

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
This isn't the battery i've got but the bottom lip is the same, I thought it wasn't gripping because it's not a flat lip,
so I cut away the angle bit so it's flat, but there's still not enough for it to grip.

Exide-063TE-Car-Battery.jpg
Get a belt wrap it around the battery and the bottom tray! U will be well away ;)

Last edited:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I was thinking, but is there enough space to get a couple of straps
under the tray seeing as the gearbox mount is bolted in the middle?

BG182ff,explod Focus
I've been holding off committing on this just in case but now I know for sure I won't be working this weekend I'll be able to join in the fun and games.
It's a pity I don't have a tent otherwise I'd camp on the Saturday night too.
Should I bring my snow shovel and bag of rock salt just in case? Maybe my Focus with it's winter tyres would be a better bet than the Clio given the weather report.

I've got some cable ties that are 10mm wide and a metre long I can bring along to hold your battery steady if you want Dave?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Bet it wont get checked dave Ran at pod many times and no one has ever looked under my bonnet yet !!! Cant see them being any different TBH.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Bet it wont get checked dave Ran at pod many times and no one has ever looked under my bonnet yet !!! Cant see them being any different TBH.

Dave, you know if he covers it...they wont look and if hr doesnt...they'll find it. You know how it works!!!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Dave, you know if he covers it...they wont look and if hr doesnt...they'll find it. You know how it works!!!

Yep reckon your right Some BIG cable ties should sort it. Are Non clios welcome too ? Will ask Rob can bring the Mitsi 3000 from rolling road day ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yep reckon your right Some BIG cable ties should sort it. Are Non clios welcome too ? Will ask Rob can bring the Mitsi 3000 from rolling road day ;)

Yeah...its not Clio specific. It all depends on the weather holding out. :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Are you guys coming off the motorway on the M42(J3) or the M40(longbridge)?

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Dave just cable tie it, I'll bring some. Champion of roadside bodges me.

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days lads.

GOOD NEWS - Weather looks great for Saturday, seems like it may be clloudy but the only dry day this week :D I am good at this weather lark :)

What do you think about 8am meet at Renault Wolverhampton?
Does anyone have any other places on route they'd like to meet us or is it a case of whoever can't make Wolverhampton Renault will go straight there?
Trying to be there about 9:30am as the strip opens at 10am, how does this suit everyone?

Yeah...its not Clio specific. It all depends on the weather holding out. :)

Oh Ye of little faith :p

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
M40 (J13) seems best? Not been myself though??

If you go M6 get off on the M40 (J13), if you go m5 get off at M42(j3).

i am only interested as if you get off on the m42 I will be able to meet you on en route, but I know the area so don't worry about me.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Matt..will try and drag my arse outta bed to be at Renault Wolves for 8...:shudder: ;)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I so glad I only live 30 mins from Stratford,
leave mine at 9, get there for 9:30, sign in, handing people their arses by 10. :approve:

(That's as long as I can get my cat fitting kit and battery sorted on Friday)

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
1) Mharvey
2) Don (not camping)
3) DaveDreads (Not camping)
4) Laine_16v
5) tom172cup camping providing weather looks ok for next day
6) sbridgey (Not camping)
7) Wayne9989
8) Cswalmsley
9) LewDew
10) Addicted
11) Fred@BTM
12) DCI RAZ ( not camping, heading straight off to the fathers after )
13) Ben the blob eye man (chris's mates full name)
14) Tom C + Friend in another car (Not camping)
15) rsl78
16) Eddyg + Friend not camping

I was trying my best to have the Trophy running but i am replacing wheel bearings and am having to wait for the C clips (some of mine had corroded badly) it will be the Skyline. Friend should be coming coming in a strange sounding mk2 golf... :p

big boost cup
I was trying my best to have the Trophy running but i am replacing wheel bearings and am having to wait for the C clips (some of mine had corroded badly) it will be the Skyline. Friend should be coming coming in a strange sounding mk2 golf... :p

Vtec and slicks?

182cup & 172 racecar

Did you not get new C clips with the new bearings.

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
No.... Useful gsf ... Snr bearings no new clips... I thought it was strange but they seemed very sure they didn't come with them!

Haha no Tom still a vw engine..

1) Mharvey (not camping)
2) Don (not camping)
3) DaveDreads (Not camping)
4) Laine_16v
5) tom172cup camping providing weather looks ok for next day
6) sbridgey (Not camping)
7) Wayne9989
8) Cswalmsley
9) LewDew
10) Addicted
11) DCI RAZ ( not camping, heading straight off to the fathers after )
12) Ben the blob eye man (chris's mates full name)
13) Tom C + Friend in another car (Not camping)
14) rsl78
15) Eddyg + Friend not camping
16) Martin182 (not camping or running as of yet)
17) Marts brother matt (if not working) Subaru

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Everyone probly knows this already but just in case you dont

DONT FORGET YOUR DRIVING LICENCE !!!!

wont let anyone run without it .

Do they time your 0-60 too here as well as 1/4 mile here they dont at pod ??

Everyone probly knows this already but just in case you dont

DONT FORGET YOUR DRIVING LICENCE !!!!

wont let anyone run without it .

Do they time your 0-60 too here as well as 1/4 mile here they dont at pod ??

Are you coming you faggit:rasp:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I think it is both parts of license (paper and plastic card)...just the card wont suffice iirc. :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Are you coming you faggit:rasp:

May well pop along I know you want me too ;)
I will bring you a deck chair and a checked blanket to put round your legs so you can watch how its done, as your too scared to run :rasp:!
We can pop in the Blue oyster club on the way home again if ya like!

May well pop along I know you want me too ;)
I will bring you a deck chair and a checked blanket to put round your legs so you can watch how its done, as your too scared to run :rasp:!
We can pop in the Blue oyster club on the way home again if ya like!

Don't forget the thermal pants lol..

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Haha no Tom still a vw engine..

VR6? Not really stange sounding, more wonderful. MK2's are my favourite so he may find himself knocked out unconcious and wake up with his golf gone and a shitty clio left in its place lol.

Is the early start okay for you lot of wusses? Can make it later but as yyou've complained lol. Thought would make sense to get there early just before it starts to make a full day of it