ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Open Light Permanently On

172 Cup
I fitted new door closure sensor switches as I had been having problems with my courtesy light staying on.

Since fitting them the 'Door Open Light' is permanently illuminated on the dashboard.

Due to this I can't press the fob button to lock the car as it thinks a door has been left open.

These are the sensors I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190759166324?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Does anyone have any ideas - I'd be extremely grateful as this is so frustrating.

Also, would a faulty bonnet sensor cause an issue related to the door open light coming on?

Is it an LED you've used in the courtesy light? If so, you'll have to swap it around as I had this problem.

If not, have you made sure the sensors are actuall making contact with the door? You could try pressing them manually to see if it turns off the light.

172 Cup
Is it an LED you've used in the courtesy light? If so, you'll have to swap it around as I had this problem.

If not, have you made sure the sensors are actuall making contact with the door? You could try pressing them manually to see if it turns off the light.

Haven't touched the light in the courtesy light.

They're definitely making contact with the door I've tried pushing them in manually and it doesn't make any difference.

172 Cup
An update after last night, the light appears to go off randomly if I turn on the rear wiper or flash the full beam for example?

Any ideas why this would happen?

Inferno 182FF
Mine does this when it gets hot and/or bumpy. The inside light doesn't come on though so I'm thinking its the boot sensor but not got round to doing anything about as it's cold now and its fine lol!

1.4 16v MK2 PH2 Clio
Could be the little pin at the bottom of the door on the B pillar, this happened
to me when someone decided to slam my door with the seatbelt in it, get em from scrappys
for like 50p

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Diagnostics > UCH > Parameters > which door shows open when it is actually shut = winning

172 Cup
Diagnostics > UCH > Parameters > which door shows open when it is actually shut = winning
MicKPM I took it to an auto diagnostics place where he looked over the car for an hour, said he couldn't find anything when he plugged it into his machine and that he thinks it may be the UCH.

Does it need to be diagnosed using CLIP?

Last edited:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Did they actually look at the body modules data parameters? Bring it to me... if I can't tell you whats wrong or fix it I won't charge you.

172 Cup
Did they actually look at the body modules data parameters? Bring it to me... if I can't tell you whats wrong or fix it I won't charge you.

I'll be in touch in the near future mate as most likely do that.

I got charged for an hours labour and he said he plugged it into his diagnostics machine and checked all the connections but couldn't find anything.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah, prob did a code read and found nothing so put the kettle on and you footed the bill.