ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donnington park Sun 7th March 2010

Clio 182ff
I think we should Meet at 8:20am, M1 donington services :approve:

Convey in for 8:30am - This is early enough for an event that starts at 10am. However the meet time is up to THE BOOSH as he is area rep.

If you arrive later than the planned meet then make sure you delcaire at the gates what club stand you are in, to get directed properly...

S4 Avant
Would anyone going be interested in getting some decent photos and putting together a report on the days events?

I'm looking for content to go on the new forum / homepage when it's launched shortly, so event reports like this would be great.

Could be good, couple of people have SLR's, and I'm sure some one could write a report easily enough

I can do photos if you trust a forum-noob Nik

I'm taking my dSLR and tripod - so I can take some nice photos of the stand at a high resolution

I'm not brilliant at write-ups though so that might be better from a member that's been around a while

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Will see you all there at the services at 0820am, I havnt met any of you before but im sure il be with the right lot when i see a load of cliosports lol.

At least iv had the day off work today to clean up the car lol.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nik said:
Would anyone going be interested in getting some decent photos and putting together a report on the days events?

I'm looking for content to go on the new forum / homepage when it's launched shortly, so event reports like this would be great.

I will be taking the camera and tripod so will use other peoples, as well as my photos to put together a kind of story if the days events. Will pm you after the event.

Think tom has managed to post the banner now too!

R27
I may come along to this, providing I'm up in time.

Haven't made my mind up whether i'll be on the Cliosport or 197 stand yet, although I've heard they're being placed close together.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
badgerbite said:
I think we should Meet at 8:20am, M1 donington services :approve:

Convey in for 8:30am - This is early enough for an event that starts at 10am. However the meet time is up to THE BOOSH as he is area rep.

If you arrive later than the planned meet then make sure you delcaire at the gates what club stand you are in, to get directed properly...
Dude, feel free to organise meeting times, I really don't mind! Will need your help Sunday anyway as I don't really know what's going on or how to organise the stand.

But 8.20 at donnington sounds spot on :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Can everyone please attempt to park neat on the stand please? I may be there helping direct you where to park ( look for the guy who looks abou 12 wearing a stupid yellow bobble hat ) :D

340i
Can everyone please attempt to park neat on the stand please? I may be there helping direct you where to park ( look for the guy who looks abou 12 wearing a stupid yellow bobble hat ) :D

yes sir :dapprove: I love it when your dominating x

Nissan 350z
Hi. Please make it stop raining so i can at least make my car look like its been washed. Kthx.

S4 Avant
I suppoooose I'd better wash my car for this.

My wheels have a coating of gravel it seems, around them.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Was thinking about washing mine but I can't be bothered. Might go and pay a visit to the local Poles.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Mines just been jet washed. No point detailing it, it's only going to get ditched again.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Mines gonna be filthy :( havnt got time to wash it!

Plus i'm out on the piss tonight and meeting gray at half 7 in the morn so thats gonna be interesting

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Addz u meeting in mansfield anywhere before? if so il prob tag a long with ya.

Just about to use some EGP on the clio, now its finally dried wahooo

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Im meeting gray in south normington then to notts to fetch sy if you wanna tag along!

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Ermm,Il meet ya at donington services tbh, get an extra 10 mins in bed that way lol.

Anyone having breakfast en-route? or is there somewhere round donington thats ok for food? if not maccies breaky it is!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I'll need something to sober me up on the way. My usual 150 down the motorway with the windows down probably isnt the safest way possible..

S4 Avant
In my infinite wisdom, I thought it'd be a good idea to take my wheels off and clean them properly.
Then I thought why don't I paint my calipers silver, to make them look pretty.
Then my best idea, tidy up my corroded wheel bolts by painting them silver as well!

After 2 hours, I'm still waiting for the paint to dry so I can put my wheels back on :slap:

DMS

A thirsty 172
In my infinite wisdom, I thought it'd be a good idea to take my wheels off and clean them properly.
Then my best idea, tidy up my corroded wheel bolts by painting them silver as well!

After 2 hours, I'm still waiting for the paint to dry so I can put my wheels back on :slap:

Just do it in teh morning.

Clio 182ff

did you use hammerite? cos that takes 6-8hrs to dry lol

Renault Clio 182FF + Cup
Hope it doesn't rain spent best part if the afternoon trying out some new Poorboys products.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Quick question - There is only one donington services aint there? As in no northbound or southbound?

172, BMW 120 Msport.
thats good then, dont wanna be on the wrong side lol. Right off to bed, 8:20am it is.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I`m up for this,bringing the dog and the mrs,hope they let me in to the cliosport area,going to be at the gate at 9,ish,this is going to be one hell of a day if the weather holds.