ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donnington park Sun 7th March 2010

Titanium Clio 182
From the save Donington website:
Supporters are invited to arrive from 10am.......

Clubs and feature displays are advised to arrive closer to 8am if possible.

So...guessing half 7...ish :)

Renault Clio 182FF + Cup
1. badgerbite
2. not normal dan
3. Laura182
4. Stunty
5. Markblack172
6. Addz
7. Gray
8. Sargara
9. daveski (hiding at the back)
10. Kneel
11. Luke (Boosh)
12. Cookiemo

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Didnt realise till now that you lot are going. Im deffo going and will see you at donington services??? at what time?

1. badgerbite
2. not normal dan
3. Laura182
4. Stunty
5. Markblack172
6. Addz
7. Gray
8. Sargara
9. daveski (hiding at the back)
10. Kneel
11. Luke (Boosh)
12. Cookiemo
13. Widdo

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I'm a possible, although I wont be on the stand as I'll be in my workhorse Saxo.
Saxo is welcome on the stand dude.

I might just meet you guys at Donington Park, to get to the M1 I'll be going past donington park on the A50 anyway

DMS

A thirsty 172
I'm a possible too :D
Can't believe nobody told me about this. I'm only 10 minutes away.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
meet at donny services it is! Gray and the usual bunch, are we convoying down?

Clio 182ff
Hi all,

FYI - Confirmation from Lee at Donny park as follows:

"Your club has confirmed space at the show on Sunday. We have a very small Clio Club also attending. We will park you both close together.

Please keep us up-to-date for any number changes. If it goes down, we'll need to know as we are still getting requests from clubs to increase their numbers, despite the elapsed deadline.

However, we will do our best to accomodate.

Please read the website. Turn up at the main gate, state your car club to the security staff and you'll be directed to your parking slot. Regards, Lee."

I have informed Lee that around 15 of us will be attending so this should be a good turn out for us :D

I definately cant make it now :( was planning on coming, but ive got to pick up my 172 wheels from east sussex on sunday!

Ill hopefully be coming out on the next meet though so I can meet everyone!

Nissan 350z
Well lets just hope the weather is alright on Saturday so we can all attempt to at least make our cars presentable for Sunday haha.

Although saying that ive managed to scrape and crack my Ktec Carbon Fibre splitter yesturday on my own driveway. Bad times :(

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Hi!

What's the deal with this one? Is there limited numbers for the CS stand?
I'll pop along if i'm not away somewhere.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I'm very keen to come to this because it's going to be the first proper chance I'll get to take my car out on a run to test its newly acquired pace.
So.... what time have I got to be there / meet everyone at the services?

Nissan 350z
We need to be there for 8 so im going to head to the services for about 7:30. This event at Donnington better sell dirty breakfast cobs for a 7am start on a Sunday! :mad:

Clio 182ff
Hi!

What's the deal with this one? Is there limited numbers for the CS stand?
I'll pop along if i'm not away somewhere.

I believe there are about 13 confirmed, but more are welcome of course.

To all, surely we don't need to meet at 7:30am! It doesn't start till 10am (however we are required to be there before opening), so we can meet at the M1 services for more like 8:30am as its only 5 min down the road from there fellas?

Renault Clio 182FF + Cup
8:30am is far more respectable than 7:30am on a Sunday morning!

Hope the weather is good on Sat and Sun, my car is filthy.

S4 Avant
I'll be there.

Is it literally just a club stand/show style event, or is there anything track related?

Clio 182ff
I'll be there.

Is it literally just a club stand/show style event, or is there anything track related?

Nothing track related mate - the whole idea of the event is to keep 'save donington' in the lime light, because they still need lots of money to repair the actual track :dapprove:

So, if lots of people show interest at this event, then possible investors will be convinced it's worthwhile (the place has that F1 fiasco casting a bad shadow).

Once it is finished however, we should all get down there for a CS track day because its a great track to drive!!!

keo

Clio Trophy
i am supposed to be going with 106oc but it would make more sense that my car is on the clio sport stand lol, what do i do just arive and find the clio sport stand?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
keo said:
i am supposed to be going with 106oc but it would make more sense that my car is on the clio sport stand lol, what do i do just arive and find the clio sport stand?
There will be a massive banner up so you won't miss it.

Alternatively you can meet us at donnington :)

My car's a bit shed like at the moment with my exhaust hanging low and a couple of different interiors part fitted. Won't have time to do anything about it. Am I still welcome on the stand? Don't want to lower the standard :rasp:

DMS

A thirsty 172
I'm quite looking forward to this now. I haven't had chance to take the car out for a proper blast since Monday.
I won't be able to stay all day though. I'll need to be leaving at around 1pm.
I'll meet the local lot at the services if somebody actually confirms what time???

Last edited:
I'll be coming down to this with some mates from 106owners - but I might park with you guys or I'll at least come over and say hi :D

Will be my first drive with the KTR engine mounts and whiteline ARB as well so I'm hoping for good weather and I'm quite excited :D

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Would anyone going be interested in getting some decent photos and putting together a report on the days events?

I'm looking for content to go on the new forum / homepage when it's launched shortly, so event reports like this would be great.