ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Domain names - recommended company?

Ford Fiesta
How do they work?

Looking for one for a small buisness that requires reliable email and an @domainname of their choice with the potential to expand the number later and also priovide space for a website...

Cost obviously and issue but looking and a reliable long standing company, anyone any good suggestions?

Thanks
Liam
user_online.gif
report.gif
progress.gif
edit.gif
reply_small.gif
How do

freeservers are good for domain registration and hosting , its who the wife and i use , purchasing them is fairly painless

Ford Fiesta
thank you, recommendations are good in such a swomped market. Are they a UK company?

Ford Fiesta
anyone used easyspace UK based telephone support. Starter package price

Starterplus package
£47.88 £57.46 inc vat 100 email addresses and 3GB for 1 year
Or 2 years £109 inc vat

go daddy are s**t.

123-reg are good - thats who I use to manage a s**t load of domains although I use Google Apps for the mail hosting.

123-reg are the only ones I use. Speedy at making changes to dns/domain details and , easy to use CP.

TTRS & V50
123-reg are utter shite, gone downhill hugely. A basic package doesn't even offer MySQL, poor show.

Tech-hosts have been excellent for me and the cheapest too.

Arctic Blue FF 182
Iv always used "one.com" for a number of my sites and they have always been fantastic! Easy to upgrade, e-mail etc.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I have over 15 domains registered with namecheap.com

Really good and there is 24/7 online chat support. There a bit slow but normally sort the problem out for you.

Sam!

123-reg are SUPERB for domain names

If you use any of those cheap budget hosting companies for a website you're an idiot anyway to be blunt
Just get some cloud hosting - pay for what you use - job done

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'm with Fasthost and they have been good.

That said I have the Domain (ltd-edition.co.uk) and don't use it for anything at the mo lol

Titanium Clio 182
www.gridstar.net

I've been with them for about 7 years. Based in Dorset. 100% reliable.
And they've got a bloke called Keith, who never seems to leave the office :) I've had the occasional c*ck up with passwords, or FTP, emailed them on a Sunday evening. Keith's always emailed back within 10 mins.
Top chaps.

TTRS & V50
This is a thread for domain names and not hosting.

Just expressing my views on a suggested company, weather it's for domains or hosting. This thread is for company opinions.

123-reg are SUPERB for domain names

If you use any of those cheap budget hosting companies for a website you're an idiot anyway to be blunt
Just get some cloud hosting - pay for what you use - job done

I've used them plenty of times in the past for domains and have been fine, it's just recently I've lost faith. Along with a s**t load of other people I know.

Not really an idiot. Customer service, hosting and up-time isn't difficult to offer and execute for an undercut price of the other larger companies.

Bus w**ker
Oh Fuzzy Orange... PMSL

Anyway I used to rate 123-reg but now that they've probably lost me my highest ranking domain due to their own infrastructure being w**k (auto renewals not happening, unable to log in to my own account with the right details and unable to reset my own f**king password) they can f**king die.

LOL at saying all cheap hosting is for idiots, so little knowledge.

Especially due to the fact you rate 123-reg so highly tbh.

Yes 15 years as a web app developer - combined 20million visits a month to my sites - I know f**k all

Sorry but the days of spending £20 for a "shared" hosting and being stuck on a badly maintained out of date server with 400 other people are IMHO over
Cloud hosting is so much more flexible, cheaper, robust...

I rate 123-reg very highly for domain registration - I have over 200 domains with them, but I'd rather stick a website on my mac mini and host it over my virgin broadband than use them for hosting ;)

Yes 15 years as a web app developer - combined 20million visits a month to my sites - I know f**k all

Sorry but the days of spending £20 for a "shared" hosting and being stuck on a badly maintained out of date server with 400 other people are IMHO over
Cloud hosting is so much more flexible, cheaper, robust...

I rate 123-reg very highly for domain registration - I have over 200 domains with them, but I'd rather stick a website on my mac mini and host it over my virgin broadband than use them for hosting ;)

I let you off due to the hosting comment :p That is something I whole-heartedly(?) agree with!