ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

domain name help

Ford Fiesta
I have never purchased a domain name or set one up so am after a bit of guidance.

Where do I start? Basically it will initially be just for the email aspect. We have a company and want to have email address such as liam@mycompany.co.uk

for the email rather than using hotmail etc.

After purchasing the name how do I access the email, does it get forwarded, do I log in to a web based site do I have ot use OUTLOOK etc?

Whats the best company to use and where should I start?

Many thanks. I am sure there are lots of you out there that have done this already.

WRX
It might have changed as mine was a few years back and I don't have it anymore but when I bought it they basically just asked what email address and home page to forward to.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Try www.1and1.co.uk (they have domain purchase and packages for you)

The email access will be via a web based app...unless you purchase an Exchange box (and pay for the use of it)...depends on your budget and size of the operation.

Ford Fiesta
Is it as easy as it could be, pay for the domain liam@mycompany.co.uk sign up for it, someone emails to that address and it forwards it to another address of my choice. I can then reply and it look like its sent from liam@mycompany.co.uk??

I am talking less than 10 email addresses here..