ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone Know this car?

Two 0 Shitx
Hi, im the new kid on the block :evil: Im Reece, im 17 and about to take my driving test.

My dad deals in car sales so i have quite a variety to choose from as a first car, i found a Renault Clio (pic below) its a 1.4 which has been made to look like a 172/182, its quite a unique colour and car so i was wondering if anyone knows the car or has owned it as my dad said he'd get it if the price was right.

Here it goes...

clio14jpg.jpg

clio14jpg2.jpg

Theres some light damage on it but won't be hard to fix i shouldn't think, bumper will repair. Couple of questions, are the headlights different on a 182 compared to a standard clio? Also the front wings look more flared on this compared to standard, is that from a 182? are they easy to replace?

Thanks.

R27, Deep Black
Iv no idea of the car. Does your dad own the garage? If can you not get cover under the garage for a 1*2? ;)

Guy i know, his dad owns a car garage and hes just newly 18 and hes had a few impreza sti's (hatchback) and now got a 400bhp Evo 9.

Joys.

Nice enough looking rep minus the little bump lol

Charged Superleggera
headlights are xenons on 182's which cost £200 for a set however standrd ones will also fit. the wings are wider on 172 and 182 so standrd ones will not fit. for front bumper and a wing your looking at about £150 then the cost of getting them sprayed. also it doesnt look as if its just body damange the car has

Charged Superleggera
actually i think i remember this car now. it belonged to a girl on the forum. only know that because of the 197 style side mouldings. cant remember the user name though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Look decent for a rep tbh, main giveaway is the sunroof, or was for me at least and of course you saying its a 1.fail(4). :p

Two 0 Shitx
He has a traders policy but they won't let anyone under 21 on it. Plus he doesn't want me in anything quicker than a 1.4/6 on the road :dapprove: He could change policies but he doesn't love me enough to pay out the ass for it lol :(

When he described it, i cringed a little but i really like the colour now and just hope he gets it, thanks for the info on some of the parts, ill tell him. It needs a some mechanical stuff like a rad and something looks creased hopefully it will pull out or be easy to replace..

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I wouldnt want a fresh driver in anything over a 1.4 lol, I drove like prick in my 1.0 when I was 17/18, crashed it a few times :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can I see the bumper once it's repaired that should look great! :S

330i. E30 Touring.
I've seen that car on here before. Remember it being in a rep-photoshoot..

God knows who the owner is though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
When you know a man that uses a filler scraper as an extension of his arm and fibreglass as toilet paper you will understand :D
Lol I do, i've repaired more bumpers than i've had hot dinners and seeing that bumper repaired without cracking will be fun.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Not worth the effort fixing the bumper, get a tidy ish one for just over £50 nowadays. I'd want everything checked on that car before I bought it though, check its straight!

Nimbus Megane R26
This in warrington or north west mate? Was a replica EXACTLY the same driving around that was apparently owned by a girl but iv not seen it in ages. Could be same one. Looks a sorry state to last time i seen it! Good rep though!

Id be suprised if that was just body damage, i know feck all about that kinda thing but id guess chassis is damaged..

Two 0 Shitx
Well if the bumper is cheap enough ill just get a new one.

Its from a large online salvage company so i can't look at the car but my dads done this job all his life and out of thousands of cars he hasn't bought many lemons, don't always be put off by a write off, there generally not as bad as people think when you get them. If worst comes to worst and it is a lemon ill just break it and get my money back ;)

Well if the bumper is cheap enough ill just get a new one.

Its from a large online salvage company so i can't look at the car but my dads done this job all his life and out of thousands of cars he hasn't bought many lemons, don't always be put off by a write off, there generally not as bad as people think when you get them. If worst comes to worst and it is a lemon ill just break it and get my money back ;)

Dibs on the wheels........

ibiza cupra
looks like the front wheel is a bit on the pi$$ but it might just be the angle of the pic and the wing hanging off. worth having a look though.
wouldnt attept to fix the bumper as it will just crack 12 months later. id keep the cup splitter though

M2 Competition
Great first car that.

Lol at the guy saying get a 172/ 182 for a first car, bad idea.

The parts are so cheap i wouldnt repair any of it with filler, just replace front end with other bits from a scrappy and you're laughing mate.

Two 0 Shitx
Well im trying not to get my heart set on it, the salvage world can be cruel at times :D

Rob - If you have contact with ther, could you ask her what the damage was please mate? Can't have a look round it so any info i get the better.

Peperami - I agree to be honest with you mate, im a bit of s speed freak as it is, so anything tempting me to put my foot down i think might be a bad idea, just need to learn and get a little more sensible then maybe upgrade.

Nice forum here, really helpfull, thanks.

172 Cup
I don't care if that is a rep, that is a great colour scheme. Would of killed for that as a first car.
MMMMMMM white turinis :p

Two 0 Shitx
Word of warning - Check out Dave's thread (the last guy to buy a crashed baked bean):

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=354330

I appreciate that but my dad has fixed and sold thousands of cars totally destroyed, fixed one of the most complex chassis available, so im not really worried in the slightest, like a said, if it is a lemon ill break it and get my money back if not more.

EDIT: The car goes though tomorrow, so hopefully no polish guys think its a real cup and bid it up lol Sent Jayne an email and she said its been sold, not sure whether it was before it was crashed or when she owned it, so might be a dead end to find a bit more about it before i possibly buy it.

Last edited:
  Two 0 Shitx
Well i didn't get it, had a limit of £1500 it went for £1800 which with buyer fees and picking it up would of stood me at £2100-2200 just to get it here if i payed 1800, they only payed out 3k on it so isn't worth it when you can get a straight one for 4k on ebay. Ah well on the look again, thanks for the help, atleast now if it comes up on ebay saying its straight you all know its bent ;) Bye!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
crashed repair cars not my bag, more hastle than they are worth in my experiance, you get straight ones mega cheap these days anyway, id rather have a straight one with a snapped cambelt or something like that.

S4 Avant
That car will be more hassle than it's worth, and a hell of a lot to fix.

Walk away right now. Seriously.

Edit.... read the posts through. Good lad.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It was for sale on here a while back(1-2 months ago), in mint condition, i.e not crashed.

Sent an email to the owner and never got a reply.

Two 0 Shitx
A woman bought it off her 6weeks ago and crashed it in that week :eek:

To the guys telling me to stay away from damaged cars, seriously ive been around them all my life, ill judge which ones to buy and which ones not to. The only cars ill ever buy are damaged one (80%) Plain and simply because they're not that bad if you don't get destroyed ones and even if you have a years driving out of it you'll get your money back or make a profit. I have the same experience anyone else has in the same car for alot less money, thats how you've got to look at it.