ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you take your Renaultsport for granted?

FF Racing Blue 182
Had the Clio out yesterday, the first time in ages and it will sit again for another week. Its just too in your face sometimes.

But i won't part with it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
At least I'm allowed to park mine outside my house :clown: I've had some cars in the past that have been so loud mum made me park halfway down the road because firing it up in the mornings would wake her up!

Passat
I got rid of the Trophy for a number of reasons but partly because I was sick of feeling every bump in the road. I now drive a Passat and long to feel 4 inch potholes. The car is so numb and boring all I do is dream about getting back in a 1*2. The grass is always greener as they say.

Mine's my daily driver and I love it to bits, even more so after getting rid of the Parada 2's the previous owner had on and fitting it with a set of ps3's.

Only had my clio 3 weeks, the other day I thought.. im sure its loosing power, it just doesnt seem to accelerate, then I drove the wifes ford streetka (which to me was always quite quick) and there was just nothing in it, Ive just adjusted and become used to the power I think. :( loosing that feeling of being pinned back in the seat with a smile on my face. although twisty roads is a different story ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thing is though I came from owning a 320bhp Impreza and I absolutely got used to that too... as you say, sometimes it's more about the handling!

2003 172
Beleive me I've had a lot of sound sensible car in the past, audi,s v.w,s. Never again 172 will always make you smile

Clio Trophy
had my T for 12 months now :D, love it to bits, slowly putting it back to standard, and doing some resto work

RB 182 195bhp
Only had my clio 3 weeks, the other day I thought.. im sure its loosing power, it just doesnt seem to accelerate, then I drove the wifes ford streetka (which to me was always quite quick) and there was just nothing in it, Ive just adjusted and become used to the power I think. :( loosing that feeling of being pinned back in the seat with a smile on my face. although twisty roads is a different story ;)

I don't understand, is your 1*2 no faster than a street ka then?

182FF
Only had my 182 since November, so i'm still in the flirty stage of the relationship.

Every time i put my foot down & Hear the Roar i love it. :rasp:

Monaco Blue 172
Haven't had mine long, but given my favoured mode of transport is a cycle, and the other vehicle in the house is a VW Camper, then the 172 feels like an exorcet missile!This will sound ridiculous too, but given my last 'fun' car was a 400bhp+ monster, I enjoy driving the 172 just as much, albeit sadly, it doesn't sound as nice.

PB Clio 172
There is something about these cars and I haven't pin pointed what it is yet... I didn't drive my car for a week and when I got back in it it felt like I was the first time I drove it 3 years ago, something about these cars just 'takes u back' and gives u a happy feeling inside!

Could never ever sell mine

skusey_

ClioSport Club Member
  OG Megane 250
Only had mine 3 weeks so I smile stupidly with excitement each time I go out in it :D

Phase 2 172
i absolutley regret getting rid of my megane 225. I thought i was getting bored of it so i got rid of it and bought a 1.0 ltr polo to try save some money as i had just moved into my house, it lasted a whole 3 weeks and i went and bought my clio 172, still wish i had the megane though. just an all round better car...guess i must be getting old before my time

Clio 172 (Now 182)
I use my mums new 1.5 dci quite a lot but always love jumping back behind the wheel of my 172 :p

I agree, there is 'something' about these cars

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I guess I took my standard seats for granted lol... had a Clio 182 with Recaro's years ago, but this new one didn't have them in. Got Recaro's in there on Friday and boy what an improvement :D lovely stuff.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I get the same feeling when I go from my daily cup to my nova. Granted the nova handles like a shopping trolley but the power is just immense.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I have a re-mapped 206 HDI diesel estate. It does the family thing perfectly for my needs and is cheaper to fix than I expected. An effortless drive even with a quarter ton of band gear on board. A Clio 172 cup is sat on my drive for the odd blast and track days because it's just so much fun. I hate weight, turbos and gadgets when I'm out to drive for fun and the cup fits that perfectly for just so little money if your a competant DIY mechanic and old enough to not get insurance raped! I don't take either for granted. I'm just grateful I have access to both and don't have to choose. All rounders are fast these days but they do nothing for me.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Since getting rid of my 182 I've been driving the girlfriends 1.2 corsa when I'm home. I thought I'd be fine but this has to be the worst car I have ever driven.

Although i I won't be back in a clio, it's not helping my money saving by not having a car!

330Ci cab
I got rid of mine almost a year ago, and as much as I love my 330, the titanium 182 was an absolute scream. It makes me realise, I did actually love that car. I should have kept it, I should have done what I needed to make it comfortable to drive. It was only when it's neck was wrung that it really made me smile.

Good do cars, maybe I'll have another for the right price......

BG 182 FF
I keep looking at cars that I'd like to replace the 182- sure there are cars out there that are better built, bigger on the inside, faster, more economical and such but I know if I was to get rid of it I would miss it like crazy. It never fails to put a smile on my face no matter what.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah mate's back from being in New Zealand for a year and has £2,000 to spend on a car. I just can't not recommend a Clio 182! It's just impossible not to, there's nothing better out there for the money.

PH2 RS172
kayzee you hit the nail on the head. i went from my 172 to a bmw 318 (boring), then a fuel saving derv (astra) to another derv (vectra) and now im back in the original car i sold.... so to answer your question yes i bloody well did take my clio for granted. wont be doing that again anytime soon!

clio 182 black /gold
I drove a Fiat 500 for 10 days whilst on holiday a couple of weeks ago. When i got back in the Clio, i thought it was broke. Heavy clutch and i thought the power steering pump had gone. Soon put a smile back on my face :D.

AB 182 w/Recaros
Recently upgraded my 1.2 replica to a 182. Had to drive the 1.2 for a week last week. When i first got in it I thought it was cutting out on me when I was going up a hill!! the 182 really is something else once you have only ever driven a 1.2.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I drove a Fiat 500 for 10 days whilst on holiday a couple of weeks ago. When i got back in the Clio, i thought it was broke. Heavy clutch and i thought the power steering pump had gone. Soon put a smile back on my face :D.

So true. I drove our 172 cup home when we bought it with a misfire, stiff sloppy sh*tshift and rusty rear discs and still had the most fun in ages and my re-mapped hdi estate was a laugh on track. Now it works it still feels knackered but in all the right ways. Even though my HDI is 200+lbs/ft from the usual 2000ishrpm in a relatively light 1190kg for a diesel car the Clio still pulls so we'll. And my derv can't go from 20 to over 115 on the Speedo in 4th. Renault built the cars most of us we're trying to build from 80's fwd hot hatches.