ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you take your Renaultsport for granted?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just gone through over a week of driving a 1.4 Fiesta and finally got to jump back in my Clio... omg, it instantly put a smile back on my face!

I get so used to the way it drives that I really don't appreciate it. Made me feel like a little rally driver :) I don't care that the coilovers are bumpy, makes me feel alive! The tight steering, the exhaust note... beautiful.

There's a Buddha phrase that goes something like, "You should try walking a mile with a stone in your shoe, just to know the bliss of taking it out" :approve: yes I'm a dork but seriously, go drive a slow, standard car for a while, it'll make you fall in love with your Clio again! Anyone else? Or just me lol...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had to drive my wifes scenic/boat all weekend and it felt like I was getting into an F1 car when I got in the clio this morning.

Then by 11am, the rattling, the rock hard suspension, the squeeking aux belt and the tiny steering wheel made me miss the scenic.

Funny when I've driven the works transit for a bit then get back to one of my cars at the weekend..... It's so strange to jump in something with such tight accurate steering which doesn't feel like it's going to fall over going round a tight bend!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nope!

Been driving so many cars for so long that even if im in the RS for a long time I still appreciate it :)

CLS320 with a D6
I drive a 1.4 08 Megane during the week sometimes and it's frightening getting back into the gapemobile

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's the sort of thing that stops me selling it. I drive quite a few shitty cars but not driving my shitty car for a while always makes me appreciate it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I had to drive my wifes scenic/boat all weekend and it felt like I was getting into an F1 car when I got in the clio this morning.

Then by 11am, the rattling, the rock hard suspension, the squeeking aux belt and the tiny steering wheel made me miss the scenic.

Don't you dare diss the epic steering wheel!!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I wonder if it's something to do with the 'rawness' of the 182... I've never actually been in a 197 but heard on here they're a lot more refined, do those owners feel the same sometimes I wonder!?

Previously owned cars for me include a Mk2 CRX, Punto GT3 & R5 GT Turbo, so as you can tell I'm used to a... certain experience I guess :evil:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've been driving a skoda Citigo for the last month, and I'm taking the Clio to oulton today. Bit of a contrast!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
It's just what you get used to.

You could drive a Zonda everyday & that would become the norm. But I know what you mean, my 200 feels like a rocket ship after I've got out of the gf's polo.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Try going from a tractor to the Clio feels like your scrapping your arse on the ground.

clio
I'm using my newly acquired 172 as my work van atm, I hate having to load tools and stepladders into it but at least it gets to be driven more sensibly ;)

Once it's off work duty and back to being a you I'll be treating her to a full service, tracking, dephaser pulley and suspension overhaul

Clio Sport 182
I wonder if it's something to do with the 'rawness' of the 182... I've never actually been in a 197 but heard on here they're a lot more refined, do those owners feel the same sometimes I wonder!?

Previously owned cars for me include a Mk2 CRX, Punto GT3 & R5 GT Turbo, so as you can tell I'm used to a... certain experience I guess :evil:

My old 200 felt a lot safer to drive haha. So refined was the word. I do miss driving that now but the 182 still puts a smile on my face! (other than the blowing exhaust)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I drive my gfs civic most weekends and some days during the week. My Clio feels incredible when I hop back in it. So much more power and handlings!

i drive the civic like a granny as there is no point even attempting to drive it with any enthusiasm. Takes ages to get going, tries to roll over every time you go round a corner but it's very comfortable and decent on fuel.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
My 182 is in the garage...hasn't been driven in 2014. Driving a 1.6 TDCi Focus so once the 182 is cleaned and good to go...I should say it will be fun! :race:

Titanium 182 FF
it always surprises me how little feel of the road you get from other cars.. been driving a 1.2 corsa hire car this week and it's like driving round in a bubble. No engine noise and little response from steering/ accelerator. Plus its slow as balls.

Can't wait to get back to my clio today

banther

ClioSport Club Member
it always surprises me how little feel of the road you get from other cars.. been driving a 1.2 corsa hire car this week and it's like driving round in a bubble. No engine noise and little response from steering/ accelerator. Plus its slow as balls.

Can't wait to get back to my clio today

I know exactly what you mean.

When I first got the Mondeo I had to check that the engine was turning. Im enjoying 'wafting' less and less.

Caterham 270R
Agreed had mine 10 years in April and it still puts a smile on my face when i drive it...... 85k i have done in it now , love it to bits !!

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Like Chip, I've had some many different cars, I don't find myself getting used to a car any more - they are all just different.

I drive a C270 day to day and the Clio just feels like the Clio when I get in it, and the Merc just feels like the Merc when I then get back in that.

The kind of driving required to get anything out of the Clio makes it worthless to me on the road now - I'm just not interested in driving like that. But it's frickin' awesome on track.

An orange one
Every spring when the v6 comes off SORN I get it out, all gleaming and clean on a nice sunny day and head off for the first drive of the season.... Only to arrive back home feeling that disappointment feeling, it happens every year! Almost like " i waited 6 months for that"?

2 or 3 drives later I gel with it again and I love it more than anything. It's just so different to the M135i which excels in every way.

Full Fat 182
I'm in Surrey now so take mine for granted as it isn't driven like a performance car; it's used mainly just as a commuting vehicle to and from work. I used to live in the Lake District and every now and again when I go back to visit I never fail to take a little trip out to Honister Pass and open up down the long, visible roads to the less chartered side of the mines. I do generally take my Clio for granted up until rare moments like this when it's possible to play a little. I'll be converting it for track in the next year or two, and then it can be appreciated a whole lot more :)

RB182cup&golf gti
I too have had mine for ten years this year although it's only on 20k miles. Just taxed it today after 3 months sorned. Felt weird in comparison to the fiesta st I have. Steering feels different and gears feel really long. I'm sure after a few spins I'll be used to it again :) nice to get it back out

For the first time since I have had 2 cars road legal at the same time, I actually love the mix of the scooby and the X5 the best, because I thoroughly enjoy driving them both! The Scooby I use daily, but can also use when I want to "have fun". The X5 though I drive at weekends and holidays etc, and I love that because it just feels silly. Its big, heavy, you look down on the roofs of even some other tall cars, and yet put your foot down and it will shift and the V8 sounds lovely while you are doing it!

Only thing I would change the X5 for is a V8 RR. The scooby, I'd change if I could get something as quick but less obvious, talking AMG merc, Jag XKR, XFR etc.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I haven't drive the 182 for a week as was away skiing - I loved getting back in it today - it sounds awesome and goes so well when you want it to

Swift Sport
I owned these at the same time...

8682003484_b52ff07cf0.jpg

To say they were different to drive would be putting it mildly.

clio 182 ff cup
I can sure appreciate my clio. Before I sold my previous car (saxo vts - ashamed to say!) I had them both sat out front, and occasionally I would drive the saxo just to
remind myself how s**t it actually was. In fact it was laughable! The saxo was no slouch but the clio is in a different league!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a 1lt k11 micra for over a month now, I can't wait to get my 172 back on the road.

I went from a 182 to the same micra. Was a cheap runaround car and tbf it never went wrong at all. Had it for 2 years but wanted another clio so I got another 182. Now I have a ph1 172 and the missus has a k12 micra. Once again the micra is decent enough. It has comfort, its quiet, can take bumps etc, but it's no ph1!!

Clio 172
any1 had a megane 225? wondering how it handles compared to 1*2's. they pretty cheap now but never heard much about drive n handling compared to clios