ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do You Get An Electric Shock...

When leaving your car?..usually when touching the door?...grrrr!!!!...the static strip I fitted from Halfords was crap.

Is it something to do with the naff nylon floor matts?

Lee

BMW M2C

We had this discusion a little while back. Probably been archived by now though.

In the end I came to the conclusion it was a combination of the weather, T shirt and Adidas country ripple trainers.

Sometimes the shocks I get are so bad I can see it leap from the car to my hand when Im parking in the garage at home!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye I had this really bad, it only happens in dry weather.

I thought I had defeated it once by getting out the car with only touching non metal bits but my nipple brushed past the top of the door as I was standing up, oooouuuch ya bugger my nipple was stiff for hours.

Best was to prevent it I figured out was to open door, put down while holding onto metal of door, that way you discharge without feeling it.

"ya bugger my nipple was stiff for hours"

Er...I have a friend...who wants to know if that will work with er other body parts??..

~runs out to check~

I mean"My friend runs out to check".

2012 WRX Waggon

yep - Ive been getting loads of these recently!

look a right tool trying to shut my car door with my elbow

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

used to on my old rt. used to let the bird open the door 1st, so she always got it.....

GR7

Shiny red R32

I think that what you have to do is to put your feet on the ground before you touch the top of the door so that the electricity can go to ground - or something like that!

mine used to do it everytime i got out the car. ever since i got an amp it hasnt done it....touch wood! but i think i know what it is. the seats charge you up - if you look before you get out of the car, move slowly away from the seats and the little hairs will be seriously attracted to you! freaky!

Ive never had a car as bad as the valver for electric shocks.

Not had one for a while *touch wood* its the passengers that are getting them at the moment! lol!

I always push the window to close the door when its hot outside.

You can tell if you going to get a shock or not I always think. You can feel it in the atmosphere.

S2000

I always used to get them from the car but dont seem to anymore. If I managed to get out without discharging sometimes id walk to the house go to put my key in the door and a big spark would shoot from the key to the keyhole hehe. I do still get it rather bad but not from the car. Not too long ago I was getting them so often and always from the same finger that the end of my finger split.

SOLUTION:

What you do is before you step out of the car, put your hand on the car body(eg. door sill) make sure its metal part, not plastic part.

Then with your hand on the sill, step out of the car.

NO SHOCK!!

I never used to get it, then i started getting them really bad. I asked a few of my mates who had clios and they also got shocks.

Anyway ive not been got for a while now and it seem to have stopped