ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmn1989 Trophy

LY R26
So finally decided to pop up some pics of the trophy.
Right as some of you may know this is the one that was forsale within Arnold Clark. Someone posted up on cliotrophy.co.uk saying stay away from this car at all costs etc.

What i decided to do (as i work for a/c) was buy this car subject to seeing the car on arrival at my dealership.

Other garage were very honest tbh, put their hands up saying the car needed paint work on rear bumper which they agreed to pay to get done.

So the car arrived up on a lovely snowy day and i fell in love.

took delivery of it on christmas eve and it has been brilliant.

only issue ive had so far was a ticking noise on idle which was a carbon cannister, which ive heard is quite common?

so anyways heres the pics to show and some progress i have made to it.

Original Pics from when i picked the car up (taken on phone)
DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00036-1.jpg

LY R26
So first thing i done was remove the terrible a/c sticker from the back, ordered my carbon front splitter and got tow eye from Si and fitted that
DSC01415.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01423.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

LY R26
My Carbon Splitter finally arrived and got it fitted on monday, So thanks to Mick for fitting my Splitter in the pishing rain yesterday, he also fitted my ITG air filter too <3
DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

also decided ive had enough of listening to the same cds and radio stations so i fitted my dvd player earlier on
DSC00077.jpg

Not really the biggest fan of vibe but found a set of Vibe SEK50s lying about in my garage from my black clio (2cars ago) so decided just to fit them to add a bit more sound quality than the paperthin renault ones:
DSC00080.gif

DSC00081.gif

LY R26
i also ordered Brembo High Carbon front discs and ferodo pads on friday.

so arrived home to this nice little box:
DSC00079-1.jpg

wonder whats inside? Brembo discs and ferodo racing pads maybe? :D
DSC00080-1.jpg

also agreed a price with brown bear for his Toyo R888s gettin them picked up on sunday and then get them up here.

hope youz all like.

car looks so much better with the front splitter. makes the front end look so much tidier

LY R26
braided lines are on the to do list, get them this month before everything is fitted.

Gaz i was gonna get my work to fit them as its a free fitting service for tyres in work, if i can get another set of wheels cheap enough i'll just fit them to them and keep them for the track

LY R26
when'd you have a trophy?

was leaving the rear discs standard renault ones, should i upgrade them or will they be ok?

Darren

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
dmn1989 said:
when'd you have a trophy?

was leaving the rear discs standard renault ones, should i upgrade them or will they be ok?

Darren
While ago fella. No 498. Rear brakes do bugger all, leave them standard. Given that it's out of warranty I'd be tempted to unpin the front dampers so you can adjust them when on track.

LY R26
to do list:
Carbon Front Badge
Carbon Rear Bumper Strip
Braided Brake Lines
Front+Rear Strut Braces

then
Exhaust system, IF i can be bothered with one again :p

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
dmn1989 said:
to do list:
Carbon Front Badge
Carbon Rear Bumper Strip
Braided Brake Lines
Front+Rear Strut Braces

then
Exhaust system, IF i can be bothered with one again :p
Personally, I wouldn't bother with the braces, just an adjustable rear arb instead.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
i like the mention, ;)

will be good, but i bet you dont get a exhaust lol. we know you will.

Porsche Boxster987S
looked fantastic the night mate , although i shouldnt have sat in it:(

get it cleaned!

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Cool, my mate just started in the Pollockshaws one and I thought he might have known him, he wont though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
nay bad! Lose the nose ring though, looks retarded on a road car imo!!!

Lou

Liking the reg ;)

Was this for sale in Edinburgh by any chance as I spotted this car through this way on numerous occasions!

Lou

was in edinburgh just after xmas
and been through at the footy too.

whered you spot it?

Darren

I spotted it a few times in Edinburgh, this was months ago though so more than likely before you purchased it!

LY R26
well it was from down england so couldnt have been this 1?

Thanks

been offered cage, whats opinions?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Pointless, for me. Adds weight, not needed unless your going for buckets/harnesses. If you are, get a proper cage, not some silly show cage.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just out of interest, why were people saying steer clear of it??

LY R26
provisionally just bought a cage from my mate. ktec bolt in one. £80 squid. score if you ask me :D

lookin at exhausts thinking yozza? harnesses will follow with the cage