ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

Haha yes your clio is a hybrid :)

I shall give ya the cd back once ive ripped the tunes from it i like haha, was a good day mate thanks for the help and buying the seats :D

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

Looks nice mate

Is there a big diffrence in removing the spacer for the seat? is it for driver and passenger side?

Another project thread ive been following for ages and not posted in!

Love the black ph1, coming along nicely and looking forward to seeing the dash go in :)

Looks nice mate

Is there a big diffrence in removing the spacer for the seat? is it for driver and passenger side?

cheers! I removed then both but the passenger seat squeaks quite a lot now. I'm presuming people don't normally remove the passenger side ones too lol. Spacers are going back under the passenger seat this weekend to try stop it :eek:

Another project thread ive been following for ages and not posted in!

Love the black ph1, coming along nicely and looking forward to seeing the dash go in :)

Cheers! I actually like this car so progress will hopefully continue, paint work really needs some TLC, but mechanically it seems sound so it could be a keeper

Haha yes your clio is a hybrid :)

I shall give ya the cd back once ive ripped the tunes from it i like haha, was a good day mate thanks for the help and buying the seats :D

Thankyou muchly, bring it to south end or Hunstanton? You actually going to that? I don't need to be in bury till 6 now, so I'm more inclined to go :)

Need 1 rear shock, can anyone help? @AlexW @Djw John

Rear shock on the Gaz coilovers has shat itsself it seems, need to send them off for refurb or whatever they do so going to stick standard shocks on the rear so I can keep the car mobile.

Also got some little bits for the finishing touches to the interior, thanks to Hodgins
F2CB2EC8-22D5-4CEF-A22D-09C48DACBB3C.jpg

Alex W also turned off my air bags lights for me, after changing the seats the air bags lights didnt want to turn off. Easiest option was turning them off lol
F57AA743-EE11-4A06-9D19-A434DC6A41CD.jpg

Progress is not really happening,

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I don't think we have any spares at the moment. Will in a week or 2. Or I can get aftermarket ones for circa £20 that I could send at cost price

Many.

I just had a look for a shock for you, shockingly I don't have any. Not even fucked ones.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Yeah we had a clear out too and now regret it! Never throw anything away kids!

I'm not a kid, I'm old as now! I've aged greatly since I last saw you John,

nay worries, the search will continue :)

Many.

Ohh, Dr Jekyll will probably have spares too.

You just need an excuse to head to my county now ;)

You miss me so much you've aged? That's touching ☺️

Its true. You making it to CSS this year?

Got a set of vmaxx I don't need for a while..

I wouldnt want to rid you of your new suspension, I have found a shock on ebay for £10 lol, that will suffice.

Ohh, @Dr Jekyll will probably have spares too.

You just need an excuse to head to my county now ;)

I spend half my life in your county tbh, thats why my weird farmer accent changed slightly because of you lot talking funny.

Need to look into sending them off, might be worth me waiting till Ben gets his spax back that also blew up so I can stick standard suspension on it all round & get the lot refurbed in one hit. Need to speak to Gaz really too lol

Many.

Pop down one weekend, I won't be able to serve you with BBQ bacon though.

we don't talk funny, you talk funny.

Gaz are nice to deal with.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

You all talk funny.

Na, no southern shows this year and BTCC at Knockhill is the same weekend

Pop down one weekend, I won't be able to serve you with BBQ bacon though.

we don't talk funny, you talk funny.

Gaz are nice to deal with.

Cheers for the offer, i got the one off ebay for £10 so cheapest option :)

You all talk funny.

Na, no southern shows this year and BTCC at Knockhill is the same weekend

True. Oh that sucks, I miss you :(

The vmaxx are what teg took off lol.

Oh really? I missed that bit lol.

In other news I also have a pearl black ph2 boot to collect this week, hate me all you want!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

I don't actually have some available yet.... But I do have 2 brand new vmaxx rears and some used standard (one non gen) rears. They may be available in a week though dan.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

There's a very outside chance of visiting the family near Bury in November but all I know is that from June on I know nothing! If I'm down then get a meet organised!

Many.

Wooo.

Shoulda just Ph1 fronted a Ph2. Could of done it to a 182 for extra luls.

Many.

Tis not mine, and had the offer to buy it, but I don't have any space.

Buy it!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Wooo.

Shoulda just Ph1 fronted a Ph2. Could of done it to a 182 for extra luls.

I pretty sure someone had actually done it. Iirc it was a white one. There's a pic of it on here somewhere I'm sure.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Yeah its a 182 shell.

I cant recommend fitting a ph1 front end to one unless you give zero f***s, it involves a fair amount of cutting! Well, it does if you're us!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

We used the usual precision tools of a normal grinder and a lump hammer. Oh and a sharpie #becausepros

You guys would though.

tbh black clio is staying for a while, so don't even try tempt me to buy the grey one AlexW !

old boot has visible rust on in side, has badly painted badges and lock. It let's the car down, this is the logical option. at least I haven't fitted a ph2 bumper, yet...... ;)

Many.

I wasn't really going to try. I reckon you need two clios anyway, its working for me.

Old bootlid was s**t, get the cup spoiler repainted too.

Steady on, at this rate the hole car will end up being resprayed

I barely drive this one, how would two clios benefit me? Ha

Got home today to find my rear shock had turned up, so I now had a pair of standard shocks owing me £10
IMG_4028.jpg

The Gaz rear shocks were removed, there is no movement in the piston but the seals appear to be shot and there is much oil everywhere.
IMG_4027.jpg

The new shocks seems to off affected the ride height,
IMG_4031.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

Here is a dreadful video, showing the difference between the shocks, though I get in the way. Oh and dont ask me for 44 seconds back
[video=vimeo;92856358]https://vimeo.com/92856358[/video]

Then to finish the night off,
Djw John kindly pestered me into collecting a bumper for him from 105e . Then it happened that 105e wanted an engine I had spare.

So engine stuck in the car,
IMG_4033.jpg

Djw John was footing my fuel bill, so I drove sensibly.
FB31E618-94A3-40B9-87AF-D047788B7CA1.jpg

And a bumper,
469EC074-98C0-4CE3-A9DD-755B0875E38F.jpg

Next up need to send my shocks off to be fixed.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

45.6mpg you c**t?! I'll be putting a PayPal claim in ;)

Also please no one watch the video unless struggling to sleep.

45.6mpg you c**t?! I'll be putting a PayPal claim in ;)

Also please no one watch the video unless struggling to sleep.

After all Ive done for you, you call me that?

Best video ever, I feel this project thread will benefit from many videos from now on lol