ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disgusted

172 Cup

Its taken me 4 weeks to get my Cup booked in to have the central locking repaired. Its been faulty for over a year and every time they try and repair it it works for a few days and then fcuks up.

Theyve had the car all day and have just told me the fault is because I swapped the head unit (1 week ago) even tho the fault started a year ago.

What should I do? Take it to another dealer or make a fuss when I go to collect it?

172 Cup

Coincidence?? Just learnt they are undestaffed today. Easier to blame my Head Unit than actually fixing it.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

LOL headunit causes central locking problem... yeah right.... clutching at straws mate. Go and give them sh*t and tell them to stop talking out of their anus.

<<strokes imaginary beard>>

don't

lol dealers 4 ya, u gota kick up sh!t about it m8, ask 2 speak 2 manager

my m8 has an old rover, and hes stupid, instead of getin quotes 2 get headgasket replaced he went rover, they charged him £975 and fixed cooling system aswel

anyway 2 weeks lata he gets funny noise from cockpit, i tell him 2 go rover and get fixed, they tell him he needs new clutch thatll cost £480 lol

i tell him 2 go diff garage where they tell him it was just a split pipe from the rad, cost £60 lol

terrible

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 12 July 2004

Ask for the technical reason for it effecting it. The circuits arent even linked in anyway AFAIK.
At the battery! lol

2004 Racing Blue 182

if i were u mate i would go to an independant garage/motor electrician and ask them to do it, might cost more, but guarenteed to do a better job than the renault monkies!

-->NV

172 Cup

Just got back! Service manager was obnoxious insisting they have to check behind the radio.

Was even more puzzled to find they have removed my parcel shelf and snapped one of the cords off it.

I give up!!!!!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

I cant see how they are linked either, however i can claim to have a similar problem which would suggest there may be some reasoning behind their request. I have a hard disk based MP3 player which connects to the standard renault head unit CD changer connector (via a connects2 interface which has a single connection to the +12v going to the stereo).

I quite often find (but not always) that even when the MP3 player has powered off, the central locking doesnt work unless im about a meter from the car. As soon as i take the unit out of the car the locking works fine again from distance. I can only put this down to some sort of background power drain that is effecting the locking.

Doesnt really bother me as i tend to take the unit out when at home, but can be a bit embarrasing when you walk away from the car and it wont lock so you have to walk back to it.

Its probably a crap excuse in your case, but just a thought....

172 Cup

Its definately the drivers side door sensor. Central locking doesnt work via fob or indash button.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 12 July 2004

Its definately the drivers side door sensor. Central locking doesnt work via fob or indash button.
possible uch fault-uch contains all the relevant circuitry and the reciever for the plip key central locking part.

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 12 July 2004

Say again Jay!?!
The uch is the the circuit board the new Clios use just to complex matters.

Its basically all the circuits etc based on one board.

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 12 July 2004

LOL headunit causes central locking problem... yeah right.... clutching at straws mate. Go and give them sh*t and tell them to stop talking out of their anus.

<<strokes imaginary beard>>

There was a make of Honda (cant remember which one) that did require the factory HU to operate the alarm and central locking. It affected a friend of mine. He ended up putting the old HU in the glove box. It is true, I witnessed it.

Thinking about it, if you really made a hash of installing the hu, you might disturb the cables going to the indash button. But Id go with what Jay said as he kinda knows his stuff.