ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diet

clio mk 2 phase 1
I have read loads of posts and decided the best way forward is to put the car on a diet.... the car is a riot so if I can make it lighter happy days, everything will have to go as not worried about re sale value.Trouble is the gains are minimal for this and that but I am going to look at is as a whole, so any opinion please .

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Leave the dash and the door cards in. They weigh f**k all and removing them makes living with the car a pain in the ass.

Seats weigh a ton so bin them.

Carpets, sound deadening and the tar on the bodywork all weighs a load so bin all that too.

Remove both front airbags and fit a lighter smaller steering wheel too.

Remove and bin the rear wiper and motor.

Remove all the speakers and the stereo

Ding dong, you're good to go.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
172 but not cup, going to track day this year with a view to some racing maybe next, this seems to be the cheapest form of racing if there is such a thing...
I just saw your other thread, if its caged etc you may aswell strip it completely? Tar sound deadening is really heavy by itself!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
172 but not cup, going to track day this year with a view to some racing maybe next, this seems to be the cheapest form of racing if there is such a thing...

Do as Daniel recommends, personally I always find that when a car is totally stripped it's horrible to drive around in.
The carpet makes a fair bit of difference to the noise and reverberation inside, consider keeping that in.

Leave the dash and the door cards in. They weigh f**k all and removing them makes living with the car a pain in the ass.

Seats weigh a ton so bin them.

Carpets, sound deadening and the tar on the bodywork all weighs a load so bin all that too.

Remove both front airbags and fit a lighter smaller steering wheel too.

Remove and bin the rear wiper and motor.

Remove all the speakers and the stereo

Ding dong, you're good to go.

clio mk 2 phase 1
Hi, I am stripping out my clio sport and have come across a black box fitted in the rear quarter bodywork behind the driver.It is about 6 inches by 3 inches and have no idea what it is, I have removed it and car still runs, any ideas ???