ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diesel remap

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As above,i have a DCI 80 (obviously) i'm thinking bout taking it tdi performance in Thurrock near lakeside, a straight forward copy and paste map is 250 pounds. They dont reccomend this option they say i should have it rolling roaded, which i understand as each car is unique. They say they have already custom mapped a dci 80 and can work from that map and it will cos 450, is this worth it or is it just throwing my money away?

Any help will be much appreciated

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Cheers fella shall look into it. Anyone else have experiences with a diesel remap?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
if i have the re-map im supposed to expect a 29bhp gain or there around and a bucket load of torque surely this is good value for money!?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Always good value on the dervs.

The petrol people make me wonder sometimes when they get 8 bhp

320d
Remapping the 1.5 dci isn't recomended by many on here due to reliability issues. Search posts mate to find out more.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
im guessing the reliability issuses is down to parts getting more stress?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Remapping the 1.5 dci isn't recomended by many on here due to reliability issues. Search posts mate to find out more.

Never had any problems caused by the maps on the DCI's

My MRS drives a 2005 65 that has been pushing 95 from nearly the day she got it, no issues there.

The normal issues with these are the EGR, someimes the pump goes and takes the injectors with it due to the bits of metal.

Strong engine IMO

And forget plugin boxes, i'm yet to test one that actually gives the gains quoted. There is plenty of scope for mapping on the diesels. If done right you will have a massive jump in torque with no black smoke out the back end!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
thnks mate glad to be told by some1 with more experience than others. what gains would you say you could have from my dci 80?

cheers in advance

ant

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
the rs tuner is just a plug in box isnt it fella? if put a better intercooler on eg dci 100 or mayber focus tdci one it one wont gain anything on just a plug-in will it?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
thnks mate glad to be told by some1 with more experience than others. what gains would you say you could have from my dci 80?

cheers in advance

ant

25hp and 40lbft torque, depends what you want though, you can actually get lots more from them but the clutch WILL suffer.

Paul