ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel Clio... Worth it?

A few
Im thinking of getting a 1.5 diesel clio ph2 to use on a daily basis. Just a few questions if anyone can help?

What models can you get in these? 100bhp, 80 and 65?

What is the MPG like? This is the main reason why I am thinking of getting one.

Tax costs?

Common faults/problems?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers :cool:.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
This has been covered so many times...
Use the search function!

A few
This has been covered so many times...
Use the search function!

I should have known to search the forum but used it so many times for other things and its not come up with anything that relates to what im asking so I thought I would post. Feel free to delete this thread. Cheers.

DCi 80 DieselSport
Right mate....

I've got the DCi80. I regularly get 70mpg minimum. Under normal driving conditions it's not slow. EGR Valve can cause problems but very easily sorted.

Oh, and it's £20 per year tax.

£20.

No-brainer.

Right mate....

I've got the DCi80. I regularly get 70mpg minimum. Under normal driving conditions it's not slow. EGR Valve can cause problems but very easily sorted.

£20.

No-brainer.

i have a dci 100 as a second car and even on a steady motorway run it only see's high 60's! so 70 at a minimum is a bit wrong imo

DCi 80 DieselSport
i have a dci 100 as a second car and even on a steady motorway run it only see's high 60's! so 70 at a minimum is a bit wrong imo

When I first got it I was driving it like a petrol and was getting 60-65. Adjusting your driving style is key for the better mpg. So again....I regularly get 70mpg minimum.

A few
Right mate....

£20.

No-brainer.

Thanks for this info mate. Was thinking of getting 80 or 100 anyway. The £20 a year tax sounds really good to me!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
100 is the best if your interested in mapping, but holds much more money so depends what your looking for, 80 has the cheaper £20 tax over £30 of the other 2 and probably does the best mpg out of the 3, although you will only be 5/6mpg less from a 100 than an 80.

loads here www.cliodci.net

A few
100 is the best if your interested in mapping, but holds much more money so depends what your looking for, 80 has the cheaper £20 tax over £30 of the other 2 and probably does the best mpg out of the 3, although you will only be 5/6mpg less from a 100 than an 80.

loads here www.cliodci.net

Thanks for this Martin, I will take a look on the dci forum later.