ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel clio 100bhp

I understand that Ren made a mk2 ph2 diesel clio with 100bhp. Just wondering how many are about, cuz I remember looking for one before buying my car but couldnt find one anywhere?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
hen's teeth!

worth seeking one out too imo, they can be nippy with a remap

another bonus is that it won't look like a mutated bruise..

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
gearboxes are apparently a bit shoody, better with a dci80 imo, and if needed remap it to over dci100 power.

afaik its just a dci80 with a different turbo? and possibly injectors?

If these are the ones with the blue i on the side badges my mate has one, his is black 52 reg, he said it has a lot of stuff on it. I've not been in it though.

Megane 1.5dci
I have one - rare as hens teeth but worth waiting for - in std form are pretty good and mapped are even better apartently.

Gearbox is different to 65 and 80 and have heard reports that they can be problemstic but so fay mine is OK

Golf R
go for a dci 80... less problematic and easily remaps to 100 anyway... pretty much what everyone else has already said anyway!

Shed.
hen's teeth!

another bonus is that it won't look like a mutated bruise..

lol@mutated bruise.

Erm, 100's are pretty raqre, but youll find one if you look hard.

Nippy after a remap tbh, worth having one.

but, the gearboxes are ment to be made from toffee.

Polo Bluemotion
Id recommend to any1, a 100. They are defo worth looking for. I put my name down at most renault dealers in the northwest, and told them to call if they got one in. I waited 2 weeks, and arnold clark in warrington phoned to say they were getting an 05 dci 100,nordic green,18k in that night. I went down straight away and did the deal,lol. If u buy an 80, u will only be wondering what a 100 is like. I know u can chip an 80 to 100+bhp, but why not start with 100 in the 1st place??lol. Obviously people keep pointing out that theres known problems with the gearboxes. Thats certain cars, u could buy a 182, or a dci 80, and the gearbox go! Thats life,lol.
Just look at the facts>> Cheap to insure,£35 A YEAR to tax, easily 55+mpg,rare+very very nippy!!

The 80's not bad and would be IMo the better car for the gearbox alone even vs the JHP loss plus ther 80's are cheaper so can pay for the remsp as such.
gearboxes are apparently a bit shoody, better with a dci80 imo, and if needed remap it to over dci100 power.

afaik its just a dci80 with a different turbo? and possibly injectors?
Stronger bottom end bits different turbo and fuel pump with higher pressure plus different intercooler. Plus uses the different Laguna up and over style gearbox.

But yep gearbox are a bit weak
go for a dci 80... less problematic and easily remaps to 100 anyway...
No real different in relaibiluty gearbox apart.
Obviously people keep pointing out that theres known problems with the gearboxes. Thats certain cars, u could buy a 182, or a dci 80, and the gearbox go!
Firstly the up and over 100 Laguna derivative gearbox is week and they fail way more than any other box. Plus IMo its not a nice box to use and thats compaired to the JC boxes which are rubish IMO.

Golf GT TDI PD 150 & CLIO
I have one for sale on pistonheads at the moment its a 100dci mapped to 125bhp