ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnose my fault

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Basically when the car is cold it splutters like its cammed, unsure if it is or not. Under load in the morning it's hesitant like something is holding it back. Give it five, ten mins and it behaves itself but I can still feel the car vibrate. The car is stripped so it is prob more obvious. I've replaced the leads and plugs and its no better. It's not a real problem but something I want to sort. Engine sounds good and it pulls etc like no ones business. Anyway we plugged it in to a snap on diagnostic and it pointed to the rear O2 sensor being faulty. Now my understanding is that the second O2 sensor doesn't do much, it is still plugged in though. From my brief description do we think its O2 related? Car is decatted too. Cheers chaps. Oh and would it be worth swapping the sensors around?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
try swapping them fault is proberly due to the decat.
i had this on a previous car a injector was going down

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Did you swap the sensors? Loads of people have run decats including myself with no issues before.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I'm having similar problems ATM. I haven't tried to fix it yet. Mines is 100% injectors, though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ok gaz thanks. Will swap the sensors over tomo and go from there, my luck would be that both are knakered lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I had the same, had the injectors refurbed and it was like a new car. It was showing a lamba sensor fault too, but seemed to pull fine regardless.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lambda doesn't get used when the car is stone cold.

The sensor working is probably whats helping it to run a bit better when warmed up.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
You mean you don't know either lol. One thing I do know is that the fuel rail guard isn't there. Ignore that stupid ass comment

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Hassle sending them away mate. Is euro car parts worth a call? Can get half decent discount with them

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ok cheers chris. From reading about its worth swapping the O2 sensors around, on my list to do tomo. Needs to be right for a trackday a week Tuesday

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. Swap O2 sensors, remove fuel rail and check each injector. Well that's the plan lol

Maybe a 172 Cup..
You should buy something Japanese and reliable pal.

Ever thought of getting shut for an EP3...

Astra GSI, Clio 172
My car is super hesitant till its warm tbh too. My cammed saxo was exactly the same! I replaced my injectors when i got the car and its still hesitant when cold i think its just one of them things...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Will give those couple of things ago and see what happens. Been using bp fuel since I've had it, well on stuck thirty quid in on Sunday, will fill up with shell tomo just to check that

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Swapped the sensors over, seems better, see what it's like in the morning. Big thanks to everyone who has helped. £12 membership warranted in one day :)