ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I need a short-term fix for my glass.

Long term I'll be having a crack at using G1 but in the meantime are there any general products I can use or should I just give it a good wipe with a MF cloth during the drying stage and leave it at that?

Gtechniq just released C2V3 and it's very good on all parts of the car. Very good on glass, even use to clean it whilst you're there.

Windscreen nothing will last because of the wipers sadly. G1 and nanolex ultra are the only wiper-proof sealants i've encountered so far.

Gtechniq just released C2V3 and it's very good on all parts of the car. Very good on glass, even use to clean it whilst you're there.

Windscreen nothing will last because of the wipers sadly. G1 and nanolex ultra are the only wiper-proof sealants i've encountered so far.

True, but the difference between G1 and G5 is insane. G1 if you're constantly on the motorway doing 70mph is fine, but most of us drive at 30mph to our houses at some point. So for the sake of a quick top up (and my God, it really is simple/fool proof) G5 would be my advice every time.

Actually with detailing stuff, I'm quite cut throat. Don't like it or doesn't work it gets thrown/sold/sent to Gally. G1 was used up on my and family cars. Still have the G4 that came with it though.

M2 Comp
Not sure if this belongs in here, but hoping you guys can help.

I gave my car it's first thorough clean/detail since I got it at the weekend, in doing so I noticed there are several stone chips which it appears somebody has attempted to repair/cover up in the past. I'm guessing with a touch up pen. Sadly this has made the chips more apparent and they are in pretty obvious places too.

Could I get these sorted properly without having the full panel resprayed?

Not sure if this belongs in here, but hoping you guys can help.

I gave my car it's first thorough clean/detail since I got it at the weekend, in doing so I noticed there are several stone chips which it appears somebody has attempted to repair/cover up in the past. I'm guessing with a touch up pen. Sadly this has made the chips more apparent and they are in pretty obvious places too.

Could I get these sorted properly without having the full panel resprayed?

Yes, it is possible to fix stone chips without a full respray, although it will depend how bad the previous ones have been bodged.

There is a brilliant stone chip repair guide on detailing world.

I've just bought all this:

grit guards
dodo juice born to be mild
dodo juice supernatural wax
some wax applicator pads
meguires quik detailer
uber clay bar
iron x

Is this a good place to start guys?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Copied from the best colour for a 200 thread...

I just use a hose instead of a jet wash, and a meguires wash mint with the Swissvax opaque car bath shampoo, as long as its waxed properly its so easy to look after, water beads off it just as well as well waxed gloss cars,

only problem is tyre shine leaves greasy spots, but they do wash out with abit of soaking, and just got to be carful of stone chips, leave plenty of room when following other cars

i think a lot of people are afraid of the paint as they don't know much about them, but overall it's still very tough, you couldn't scratch it with you fingernail

how does wax for Matt finishes differ from normal wax, and are the greasy spots from the tyre shine due to 'slinging'? As I've never noticed it on my car

Owen

ClioSport Admin
What does everyone use on their side and back windows? I think G5 would be more suitable for the windscreen rather than G1 due to mostly driving around town - is G5 effective on the side and back window too?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
What does everyone use on their side and back windows? I think G5 would be more suitable for the windscreen rather than G1 due to mostly driving around town - is G5 effective on the side and back window too?

I have g1 on my side windows. Seems to do the trick :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've just detailed the wench's new car. I'd like it to last 6 months with Z8 top ups..

So far it's got 2x Z2 over Prime. More Z2 or stick a wax on top?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ref side and rear windows, depends how much you open your windows and use your rear wiper? If you already have G1 you'll use so little compared to thefront screen you might as well stick to it. I've past 18months on both cars with a single layer of G1 on side and rear glass.

other products although easy to apply will still wear off

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
7D59984E-86E8-446E-AD8D-68C67B21735E-2190-0000016C293EC474_zpsd7bb457b.jpg

Anyone guess what got an enhancement detail today?

(it's nothing exciting really)

LY Megane R26
Quick question,

Cleaned my car today inc Tar remover and Clay'd. Washed it in between these steps and a final wash at the end, dried it and then it started to rain...typical!
I was planning in polishing and waxing it ready for the summer but obviously couldn't!

Would it be ok to re-wash it tomorrow and then polish and wax it? Car is outside, it's still raining and I haven't driven it?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Quick question,

Cleaned my car today inc Tar remover and Clay'd. Washed it in between these steps and a final wash at the end, dried it and then it started to rain...typical!
I was planning in polishing and waxing it ready for the summer but obviously couldn't!

Would it be ok to re-wash it tomorrow and then polish and wax it? Car is outside, it's still raining and I haven't driven it?

Yup.

What's your budget?

What are you looking for in a wax? Durability, shine, water behaviour, ease of use etc.

I don't know to be honest? I suppose the best possible finish and whichever makes it easier to keep on top of when washing. As for budget, id begrudge paying over £30 to be honest

Not a 320d
What do you lot think of last touch. As a bulk detailer I think its great. I need something in large quantities that I can spash on after washing with ONR. Ive got megs 135 but that is IPA based and makes wax go all s**t.