ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Oh my...

jemeda8u.jpg

Holy crap, Kev. Please tell me that was a Detailing World **** up?!

Have you said something nasty about Heavenly Details or Kelly?

;)

Haha, not at all, does it sound like I'm banned then?

On another note JD, remember that Glitter wax I had on my boot lid since Waxstock?

8 months on and the glitter is still there, it's been washed, decon'd, clayed, (lightly) polished and IPA'd but the glitter is still fighting strong! Wax has gone completely, so it obviously wasn't the wax holding it on, god knows what's keeping it there.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Glue!

Yeah you must be on the miserable user list mate. Sadly not much you can do. That's exactly what happens. Were you having a heated discussion or upset anyone recently?

Clayed, decon'd and polished?! So you actually can't remove it?

Hmmmm.

Glue!

Yeah you must be on the miserable user list mate. Sadly not much you can do. That's exactly what happens. Were you having a heated discussion or upset anyone recently?

At first I was impressed at it lasting so long, but now I'm worrying! Metallic Racing Blue 4evaaaa

I've only posted 3 or 4 times this month in a very inoffensive manner and it doesn't say I'm banned under my name on the members list!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It won't say you're banned mate it won't even pm you to tell you that's the frustrating part.

Mental 172 Cup
Ah nice one, Paint Depth Gauge! You even said it in your post, numpty...

I don't have it in Bristol as it's not where I do my detailing, but I'll grab it next time I'm back at my parents' house if you want to use it for checking over the BMW?

Ha.. Proper stupid moment.

That would be spot on mate.. Legend.. Ill PM you.

Anyone know of a decent compound for removing bad swirling and RDS?

Thanks

Golf GT & A4 Avant

Thanks

if you have the full kit, the heavy cutting pad and polish combo is quite a decent cut level from my little play with it. moving up from that you're getting serious clear coat removal.

I personally wouldn't bother chasing out the really heavy marks, as the clear coat removal will be quite high. This then will put a limit on how much further clear coat can be removed in the future when getting rid of basic swirls.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I found finale to be OK, wasn't anything special but certainly nothing wrong with it. Didn't really add anything of its own to the finish or protection which I liked

​Really getting on well with the prima slick at the moment though, much prefer it over Z6

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not a very exciting comment but just taken delivery of cherry glaze polish by autobrite, if nothing else it smells lovely, like I say pointless post really lol

Thanks

No problem!

Yeah, not at great length but just didn't get on with it. Better out there imo.

I found finale to be OK, wasn't anything special but certainly nothing wrong with it. Didn't really add anything of its own to the finish or protection which I liked

​Really getting on well with the prima slick at the moment though, much prefer it over Z6

Ah that's a shame, I was really impressed with the slickness it gave, definitely felt it added something to the look as well!

Mental 172 Cup
if you have the full kit, the heavy cutting pad and polish combo is quite a decent cut level from my little play with it. moving up from that you're getting serious clear coat removal.

I personally wouldn't bother chasing out the really heavy marks, as the clear coat removal will be quite high. This then will put a limit on how much further clear coat can be removed in the future when getting rid of basic swirls.

Ah okay thanks for the heads up.. It did do wonders for the finish, I will just have to live with the rest then, or can I attack it again with the same kit or maybe use a rotary instead?

Just realised I have an outside tap. Granted it's right at the back of my house, but no longer need to use the jet wash!! Winner! So AF Citrus Power and other bits will be coming soon to make up my Southern Detailing Kit. Fun times!

Nice one JD! I'm considering getting one fitted, anyone have ideas of the cost?

As for Citrus concentrate, James said they don't intend to do one because there wouldn't be a strong enough container to hold it.

Would have thought Iron X or Tardis containers would be strong enough though.

Result mate!

I need more AF Citrus, I use it far too much!

I know what you mean. I detailed dad's car over the weekend, so the R8 has taken over as the pampered car in the NW. So I need to buy all new stuff; Citrus, CarPro wash mitt, some new buckets and hyper wash, EZ brush etc etc.

SHOPPING TIME WHOOP!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's an addiction for me I think, pay day just ends up as the day I'm sat at the computer going mad ordering stuff haha

Same here, I convince myself I need things when I've already got 5 alternatives.

I'm a horder as well, I can't part with stuff because I might need it if I run out of something else...

To the latter part of that post, I understand well! Although I feel better as I've just cleared out my shed from moving in two months ago. Chucked out so much wood, old tiles, random other stuff the previous owner had stored in there, as well as a load of stuff I'd brought with me from my rental place that I clearly didn't need.

So there is loads of room and shelves just waiting ;) Already have four bottles of Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels spray from Tesco!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I might try that stuff once I've let a few others get a feel of it. I used wolfs de ironiser and it wasn't as good as iron x tbh :(

To the latter part of that post, I understand well! Although I feel better as I've just cleared out my shed from moving in two months ago. Chucked out so much wood, old tiles, random other stuff the previous owner had stored in there, as well as a load of stuff I'd brought with me from my rental place that I clearly didn't need.

So there is loads of room and shelves just waiting ;) Already have four bottles of Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels spray from Tesco!

Empty shelves don't help horder genetics! If someone emptied half of my shelves and paid me for whatever they took I'd never realise what was missing!

You using that stuff as an IX replacement? I assume it's not wax friendly?

At the moment, my wheels are a mess as I've not topped up the protection (FK1000p) for months and the DS2500s are starting to produce very hard stuck on dust. So I just IronX them when I get a chance as I had no way to clean them. At some point I'll refurb them, but at the moment, this stuff appears to work very well. Drive to forecourt, spray on Wonder Wheels and Citrus Power on car, buy a basic jet wash programme, wait a few minutes and spray the entire car down at high pressure. Then drive off. When I go up North it gets a proper wash, but with the Carbon still going strong and with GTechniq on plastics and glass, it stays damn clean.

I'll post back some results when I next use the Wonder Wheels stuff, Ant. Dying to get out to The Unit soon as well. Was saying to Rob that now the missus has moved in, I get my weekends back as they're not taken up going to see her!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
At the moment, my wheels are a mess as I've not topped up the protection (FK1000p) for months and the DS2500s are starting to produce very hard stuck on dust. So I just IronX them when I get a chance as I had no way to clean them. At some point I'll refurb them, but at the moment, this stuff appears to work very well. Drive to forecourt, spray on Wonder Wheels and Citrus Power on car, buy a basic jet wash programme, wait a few minutes and spray the entire car down at high pressure. Then drive off. When I go up North it gets a proper wash, but with the Carbon still going strong and with GTechniq on plastics and glass, it stays damn clean.

I'll post back some results when I next use the Wonder Wheels stuff, Ant. Dying to get out to The Unit soon as well. Was saying to Rob that now the missus has moved in, I get my weekends back as they're not taken up going to see her!

Looking forward to meeting you mate, summer is the best time, BBQ etc make the unit :)

Likewise fella. Heard some good banter about the place, so looking forward to it. When's the next meet anyway?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Once the weather gets to between 15-20c I'll start trying to organise something in the unit thread, I may have even moved units (still in the same area) by then as i'm looking to upgrade to somewhere a little less 'shite' haha

1.8 Civic EX
possible stupid question so not gonna start a new thread for it...

Z8 on top of Z6 is fine right? (car already has a few layers of Z2 on it). I love the look Z6 gives after just a quick wash, on the civic (black) it makes it look so slick its like it's been dunked in oil. Just wondering if by putting some Z8 ontop it'll hold the "look" a bit longer?

I assume if it's ok, the Z8 can on straight after I've finished doing the Z6? No benifit in leaving it a few mins in between?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You don't need to use the Z6 mate just straight in with Z8, it's based on Z6 anyway, tad more gloss and tops up the Z2 protection. Should look good.

1.8 Civic EX
cheers. How long would the effects of a layer of Z8 last normally? Thats the main reason for asking realy as I like the Z6 but doesn't keep the look for more than a few weeks at best.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
2 weeks probably mate, it's really just a light top up product, doesn't have any real strong durability.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I need a short-term fix for my glass.

Long term I'll be having a crack at using G1 but in the meantime are there any general products I can use or should I just give it a good wipe with a MF cloth during the drying stage and leave it at that?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would mate. I like using it for shows or meets that kinda thing but it's not a protection product imo.