ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

SQ5
Ha, I thought it was strange not being just locked if need be with an explanation! I got one last night anyway!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Ok so I need a dedicated brush for cleaning the wheel arches, I'm making do with what I have but it's a little tricky, What do you guys recommend?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I really like my Vikan one, don't get one too big as you won't get it into some arches. Plenty to choose from. :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Was thinking that but wasn't sure if I fancied using it for the arches.... Will search a few brushes and see.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I wondered this but was too scared to ask :eek:

Says it's hidden to me. And It's still findable, it's just locked.

im guessing they're keeping it closed until we know what's happening with the orders.

i got an email saying my payment has been acknowledged and my item is being processed and readied for shipping today.

I've got the same sample. What's it like?

Easy to apply, just stick to 1/2 a sq mtr when applying, and literally wipe off as soon as you've covered that area as if you leave it for too long then it needs extra effort to wipe off. Makes my paint (mondial) look a few shades darker but it seems alright so far. Can apply in the sun too, so that's a bonus. Just have to wait til it rains to see the longevity, and I do about 50 miles a day so should be a good test.

Thanks for the reply

Sounds like it's worth a try. I'll defiantly use it at some point, maybe at the weekend.

If it's no good then it's no big deal but if it's decent then happy days

Not a 320d
Very excited to use my new Flex next week. Happy days.

My car has covered a colossal 600 miles since Jan 13th. Defo not getting another expensive car in 2 years. Had my heart set on a New Boxter S but for the sake of getting to the shops once a week I think its just getting pissed up the wall so to speak.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I need a decontamination product, ideally i'd have ordered Iron Out or something but I totally forgot and i'm doing the car tomorrow.

Do Halfords (or somewhere) sell anything similar that would do a good job of
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, Garuda, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]decontaminating? ... if not I'll have to go without :([/FONT]

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Do autosmart still have local reps? You maybe able to haggle a 1litre bottle?

I need a decontamination product, ideally i'd have ordered Iron Out or something but I totally forgot and i'm doing the car tomorrow.

Do Halfords (or somewhere) sell anything similar that would do a good job of
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, Garuda, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]decontaminating? ... if not I'll have to go without :([/FONT]

Bit of an expensive route but Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels would work. If you can find a local morrisons they sell it for £4 rather than £9.99.

Renault Clio 182 BG
Rather then start a new thread im going to get my 172 Cup tidied up this year so a few questions may follow

Is there a way to get the coolant bottle looking new again? Rather then try and find a new one?

Just get yourself a new one, there really not that expensive and your current one will never come up like new no matter what you do to it.

If you do want to try cleaning it you can try sloshing some water around with some rice in it. I've done this in the past and it will improve it but it won't be perfect.

I think new coolant bottles can be bought for less than £15 so new is defiantly the way to go.

Renault Clio 182 BG
Just get yourself a new one, there really not that expensive and your current one will never come up like new no matter what you do to it.

If you do want to try cleaning it you can try sloshing some water around with some rice in it. I've done this in the past and it will improve it but it won't be perfect.

I think new coolant bottles can be bought for less than £15 so new is defiantly the way to go.

Ah i thought id be looking around £30 and for that id much rather do it myself, thanks ill have a shop around. While im there might aswell look for steering fluid reservoirs.
Just bought myself a inlet manifold for £10 and going to soda blast and paint (not sure what colour yet) and fuel rack cover..literally have a list of all sorts

Yeah his name is snappy. Have a search for him. There's actually a thread showing all of his work. Once you've decided what style you want just send him a pm.

Just try searching for stuff because there's tons of info on here and I'm sure you'll find the answers to any questions you might have by searching :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just used AF Imperial on my wheels, Got to say I am mightily impressed, I've just been using diluted WWHW for ages so makes a nice change, Will be using Imperial more than WWHW in the future.